Lead UX Designer
As a Product Designer, you will be part of our growing User Experience team. You will influence your team of UX Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to understand and uncover user needs. You will create new capabilities within The RealReal and become an influential leader in everything from understanding the customer journey, strategy creation and being a key team member in its execution. Additionally you will work with stakeholders on product development and its impact.
You are customer obsessed and an advocate for all users. You’re an expert at using qualitative research methods (interviews, field/diary studies, etc.) to shape product development and influence overall strategy. You are passionate about pursuing the WHY and not letting go of the problem you are studying until you are satisfied with the answers to your questions. To be successful in this role, you'll need to be someone with a dedicated mindset towards making things happen. You can understand the big picture, take ownership, and tackle problems wherever they arise.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Establish UX best practices for our products, study and get to know our customers in-depth
- Partner with product management to advocate for solutions that support both end-user goals and long-term product vision and business strategies
- Help establish a consumer-centric culture and how to drive insights into our daily work
- Execute on TRR’s research toolkit including interviews, surveys, usability testing, concept studies, participatory design, ethnographic observations, etc.
- Conduct end-to-end research, utilizing a wide variety of methodologies to help us gain confidence in our understanding of our users (current and future), their needs and the opportunity this uncovers for our products
- Work closely with product, design, and other relevant stakeholders to define the most important research questions, lead research, and come out with a clear POV on the most impactful areas to place our R&D budget
- Advance our ability to effectively communicate research insights in ways that make them easily accessible and actionable by various stakeholders
What You Bring To The Role
- 3+ years experience doing design full-time
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional quality in product design
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain design decisions
- Strength in systems thinking
- Curiosity to learn more about the domain
- Experience strategizing and executing with product and engineering teams
- Has shipped something that people use
- Cross-platform design experience (Web, android, iOS)
- Craft thoughtful user experiences throughout Reali’s entire product suite
- Be responsible for the development of features from upfront research through execution
- Critique and support fellow designers so they can do their best work
- Steward quality and consistency
- Execute in a dynamic environment with ambiguity
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.