Our Product team is looking for a strong user experience designer who is driven to understand our customers and create great product experiences for them. The ideal candidate has substantial experience designing UI/UX for modern web applications. As the lead product designer, you will have the opportunity to make your mark on the Nextflow Tower product.
You will be responsible for designing appropriate UX solutions that solve multiple criteria including user, business, and technology perspectives. You must articulate complex visions through simple, elegant means. Collaboration and compromise are needed to ensure end solutions meet all requirements. You will work to deliver detailed UX design specifications to the engineering team, acknowledging but pushing technical feasibility.
- Gather UX requirements internally and externally
- Lead the UI design of the product
- Help guide product direction, influencing as needed
- Interface with engineering, product, and management teams
- Synthesize, prioritize and document key customer requirements per segment
- Understand product usage, analyze usage patterns and develop processes for applying metrics to UI design decisions
- Maintain an awareness of relevant market landscapes, competitors and business models
- You will work closely with the product and engineering teams to build the product, and coordinate with various internal stakeholders to ensure product success
- Drive and execute strategic goals working and motivating the engineering, marketing and other teams to build products that delight users
- Gather and prioritize product requirements through customer feedback, input from field organizations, and industry stakeholders
- Define product solutions meeting the customer requirements and working closely with UX and Engineering to drive those solutions through development, testing, deployment, and customer validation in an agile environment
- Coordinate the planning, scheduling, budgeting, execution, and delivery of software
- Determining and overseeing consistent testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting of Nextflow Tower product features in all stages of completion
- Drive product launches and releases including clearly communicating product capabilities and features to support marketing, sales, and science teams
- Contribute to the product-area strategy, roadmap, positioning, and pricing
- Interface and partner with all levels of the Seqera Labs business
- Minimum of a BA/BS in a related discipline and 3 years relevant work experience
- Relevant experience and portfolio are required
- Familiar and comfortable designing multiple simultaneous projects quickly and collaboratively within an agile process.
- Ability to work well with software engineers and technical subject matter
- Critical thinking strength, orientation to structure, tenacious attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of the software development and release process
- Experience designing in Figma
- The ability to code HTML/CSS is a bonus, but not required
- Proficiency learning a complex domain and new vocabulary quickly
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, strategic, creative, confident, and open-minded
Join our talented international team working from our seaside offices in Barcelona, just a few meters away from the beach in Poblenou, or make yourself a home from a remote location all over the world — flexibility is one of our key values.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while keeping always the human touch in every aspect of our lives.
Starting with a highly competitive salary package, attractive employee equity, and a high degree of autonomy, we provide private health and life insurance, mental health support, and many other benefits including training, courses, and events.
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions in our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
Seqera Labs is the leading provider of open source workflow orchestration software. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and secure collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging, and machine learning.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, our customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver for incredible outcomes.
Nearly 10 years ago, we created Nextflow frustrated with the challenge of developing and sharing analysis pipelines across the infrastructure. Along the way, we've defined a new approach to data pipelines with containerized workloads that make the cloud accessible to the next generation of developers, scientists, and engineers.
Driven by the Nextflow community — the conductors of our culture, principles, and products — we prioritized a seamless user experience, growing the open-source project from inception to thousands of active users. We are now supporting this unique, vibrant and global ecosystem of thousands of scientists and organizations in 187 countries.
The company has received backing from leading partners to expand the Nextflow vision, grow the team and take on the important challenges, on which our global health and prosperity depend. Today, we take our core principles and help customers with their own journey into data collaboration and compliance — at scale.