UX Research Lead
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Product Design at Vroom is a multi-disciplinary team with expertise ranging from UI design, customer and usability research, content strategy and copywriting, information architecture, graphic design, photography, illustration, animation to strategy.
We’re looking for an empathetic and curious User Experience Researcher who is passionate about understanding people and their motivations in order to optimize the customer experience. This role reports up to the Head of Design in the Product org.
We work in small, agile teams partnering with Product and Tech to provide our customers a frictionless process along a contact-free auto buying journey. Come join our growing human-centered design practice as someone who brings strategic thinking and amazing chops to solve exciting business and customer problems. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and grow your career in a company that champions a test and learn approach. Please apply if you’re ready to see the immediate impact of your work applied across the customer journey and within our internal processes and systems.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and conduct generative and evaluative studies that will uncover customer motivations to tailor the experience of the journey of finding and purchasing/selling a car online.
- Distill research themes and findings into insights that influence product and design strategy and decision-making from feature teams up to higher levels of the company.
- Define and implement Research standards, assess the needs on feature teams, prescribe what approach best fits business and customer goals, learning agenda.
- Evangelize the benefits of the research practice across tech and product disciplines, including communication of a strong sense of ethics regarding customer data, privacy and diversity.
- Set the bar, mentor and empower Product teams to conduct their own usability research, in support of small and scrappy approaches, to distribute the workload.
- While embedded in the product org, you will complement efforts in Marketing and CX by looking across micro-trends, and synthesizing their data with yours to evolve our customer’s profile.
What you bring:
- You are an expert at synthesizing your data into actionable insights and can share them with concise, poignant storytelling.
- You can combine quantitative data with qualitative (interviews, usability, ...) findings that contribute to understanding our customer’s needs better (because we are a data-informed company!).
- You can manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment.
- You will know how to shine on a lean, resourceful, and scrappy team as our first researcher, allowing you a tremendous opportunity to make a huge impact to our customers and company.
- 7-10 years of experience with research methods including: field research, usability, focus groups, survey design, and data analysis including statistical measures.
- Experience with e-commerce and optimizing for conversion.
- Be able to provide examples of studies you conducted that influenced design and/or business strategy for a Product.
- Familiarity with google analytics, optimize, FullStory, or similar metrics tools, and comfortable synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Have a degree or training in research-related field or equivalent experience.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have cross platform experience (web, mobile, native, email).
- Strong organization skills, keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with innovation and human-centered design methodologies such as design thinking.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.
Please review our privacy and CCPA policies here.