Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail's Software team, known internally as Toolkit, consists of Engineering, Product Management, and User Experience. This team builds a completely home-grown software to compete against top players in the ecommerce industry. The software controls our business from beginning to end: ordering, marketing, inventory, customer service, and accounting. We use the latest and greatest libraries and development methodologies to build elegant solutions to complex, real-world problems.
This position is 100% remote.
- In order to qualify for remote work, candidates need to reside or be willing to move to Nevada.
As a UX Designer, you will:
- Be the liaison between research and implementation.
- Design low- to high-fidelity mock-ups and build prototypes to assist in product development and user research.
- Iterate quickly over product designs.
- Work closely with your peers to define and maintain a consistent, commercial-grade experience.
- Contribute to the style and aesthetic of reusable components and tools to be shared with your team.
- Lead and conduct comprehensive reviews of interfaces throughout the platform, finding opportunities for design and ensuring consistency.
- Share knowledge and promote practices that reduce friction in all areas of the company.
Who you are:
- Passionate about continuous learning and adapt to a changing business and industry.
- Accountable and set clear expectations and standards, and hold yourself and others accountable to them.
- Uphold a strong ability to plan, organize, and execute.
- Able to communicate regularly, frequently, and professionally with all stakeholders.
- Able to anticipate and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Empathetic and listen to and absorb what others say; you appreciate perspectives that are different than your own.
- Able to adapt and enjoy the challenge of finding solutions that will scale and grow with the company be your driving force, since change is a major constant.
- Never satisfied and settle on the first or "easy" solution. You're never afraid to approach problems from every angle.
•Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team performance
•Health Insurance: Spreetail offers two plans:
-Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
-Aetna HDHP HSA Plan: Spreetail will contribute $500 to an HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and dependents included on the plan.
•Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
• 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
•Paid Time Off: untracked time off
•Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
•Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you buy a home
•Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive vacation
•Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical
•Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
•Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve
•Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.