Senior UX Designer
If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a 265(and growing!) person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fullfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
Please note that if you dont necessarily meet all of the requirement's that are listed in the job description below, we still encourage you to apply. We strongly believe that skills and competencies show up in lots of different ways and we are always looking for individuals who can bring new ideas to the table at Takeoff. Secondly, we value diverse perspectives and are fully committed to creating an inclusive environment where each and every employee can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to help drive simplicity and consistency across our product offering. As a member of the design team, we will rely on your product design experience, creative problem-solving skills and strong business & design acumen to achieve the aforementioned goals.
This exciting because you will have the chance to:
- Build relationships across the organization in all departments to drive cohesive, intuitive, and delightful end-to-end user experiences
- Perform research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure consistency across the product
- Push design concepts into functional prototypes and product experiments
- Be a thoughtful advocate for our user experience constantly thinking about making their jobs-to-do simpler and more efficient
- Partner with design and engineering teams to develop an integrated visual language for the design system that adhere to product branding
Some of the experience you would bring to the table:
- 7+ years of experience in user experience and user interface design including user research & design strategy methods for software products
- Experience designing for both web and mobile applications
- Updated portfolio that demonstrates your design process and expertise with both UX and UI
- Customer centric mindset: having the mindset and experience to understand exactly what customers need and want and continue to put them first
- A history of leveraging user feedback, product insight data, usability research and internal feedback to to drive product direction and design solutions that address customer needs and meet project KPIs
- Effective presentation skills and ability to communicate across all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, Interaction, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with agile teams
Some of the reasons you'll love working at Takeoff(to name a few!):
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We're disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You'll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We have fun!
- We are committed to building a highly diverse and inclusive culture and environment
Competitive & comprehensive benefits package that we offer:
- Top salary with yearly bonus incentives based on individual and company performance
- Unlimited PTO to ensure our team takes the necessary time off to recharge and be as productive as possible when they come back to work(this is very important to us)
- 12 weeks of paid baby bonding leave for both parents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A continued focus and emphasis on work / life balance
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K) plan with a 5% company match(kicks in day one!)
- Flexible spending/dependent care accounts
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement of $300
Still need more convincing as to why you should go ahead and apply? Take a look at what our employees are saying here https://www.takeoff.com/career about what the experience and day to day is like at Takeoff!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers’ unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.