Principal Product Designer - Grade 11/12
Join the Service NSW design team
Service NSW is the place for designers who want to use their skills to create better experiences for the people of NSW.
We’re chiefly motivated to understand and empathise with the people of NSW so we can create meaningful, practical solutions to their problems.
If you’re looking to make a difference, now is the time to join our growing team of more than 80 designers.
Calling all designers
If you’re a passionate designer wanting to start or expand your career, Service NSW is ideal.
Right now, we’re recruiting Principal Product Designers and have multiple permanent and fixed term roles available.
As a Principal Product Designer at Service NSW, you’ll:
- drive a customer-centric approach by leading end-to-end product design initiatives through discovery, framing, iterative development and delivery
- establish relationships with a range of stakeholders across government and partner with them to develop business requirements as well as create innovative solutions that align customer expectations with product capability
- work with managers across Service NSW to set strategic direction, drive customer-lead prioritisation and shape roadmaps to ensure initiatives are delivered on time
- maintain knowledge and promote awareness to other designers of relevant industry trends, challenges, opportunities and practices, to recommend and deliver innovative solutions that optimise Government products and services
- lead contributions to enhance and mature design and research practices, including the Service NSW Global Experience Language (GEL) design components and patterns
- coach and mentor other designers to increase design capability in product teams and enable designers to reach their full potential
- balance competing and complex demands to ensure product strategy and vision is achieved, while delivering the right designs.
Working at Service NSW
As a designer at Service NSW, you’ll be part of a unique and progressive government organisation.
The projects we work on are broad and varied, reaching residents as well as businesses.
You can expect:
- your designs to impact the more than 8 million people in NSW
- to work on projects that matter like Dine and Discover, small business support, Active Kids, Service NSW Mobile App and MyServiceNSW Account
- flexible work arrangements such as remote working
- to join a supportive design community where you can collaborate freely and learn from each other
- an agile and collaborative team environment where testing, iterating and improvement is prioritised.
You can be confident that your customer-centred mindset will be put to work.
Service NSW commitment to diversity
At Service NSW we deeply value our customers and our teammates. We are an inclusive, diverse, caring and respectful team and a place where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
People with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply and we welcome a discussion regarding workplace adjustments to help maximise everyone's opportunity to fully participate and contribute.
We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and Elders past, present and emerging and acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land, waters, culture and community we walk, work and live.
SNSW 11/12 Starting salary from $139,246 per annum plus superannuation and leave loading
Attach a copy of your resume, portfolio or work sample. In addition, provide a cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to this role.
You can view the role description online.
For enquires relating to recruitment please contact Maylee Ching at Maylee.Ching@customerservice.nsw.gov.au
The Department of Customer Service is proud to be an EEO Employer who are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all identities making us different and a true reflection of our NSW customers. As an inclusive workplace, we support various employee resource groups, practice flexible work and workplace adjustment.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.