Senior UX Researcher
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. With a $40M Series B round of funding, we are ready to continue to scale our organization.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco (and since COVID began, fully remote) that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry, in the same way that Stripe did for online payments and Affirm did for consumer point of sale financing.
What You'll Do:
- Shape our user research capabilities and processes, playing an important role in scaling methods, tools and activities that provide value.
- Be the dedicated researcher for multiple squads and build strong relationships with stakeholders and leaders of the organization.
- Be a strong partner to your Product, Engineering, Marketers and Engineering peers.
- Coach and mentor excellent designers.
- Collaborate closely with your Design peers at Extend to ensure we create a consistent and cohesive overall product.
- Help elevate our Design community, culture, and processes.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of professional experience conducting UX research, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of a range of user research methods.
- A self-starter, designer, conceptual problem solver, mentor, and communicator.
- A phenomenal communicator with the ability to clearly, optimally, and consistently articulate rationale for design decisions.
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly
- Flexible vacation policy