Govini is a decision science firm dedicated to transforming the business of national security through data science and machine learning. Through its data and analytic platform, Govini delivers objective, decision-grade information at scale to the national security enterprise, so that leaders can better direct investments to innovation and modernization. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are looking for a driven and creative designer to join our team in transforming the business of government through big-data analysis and visualization technology. You'll be a core member of our product team in helping our clients displace time-consuming, manual processes to reach informed real-time decisions about government markets, competitors, and agency relationships.
You will be responsible for creating and designing web elements that optimize user interaction and experience, with a focus on the implementation of responsive websites. You will work with team leadership to create wireframes, storyboards, and conceptual models for testing and building with the ultimate goal of translating any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
This is a team member position, working onsite in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
In order to do this job well, you must be a proactive, self-guided learner who enjoys keeping up with the latest tech in UX design. The ideal candidate understands the difference between UI and UX design, and has a creative, yet organized, approach to tackling problems and creating robust solutions. You have an eye for clean and artful design. You possess superior UI skills and are able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into attractive, intuitive and functional user interfaces.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystemBuild wireframes and storyboards into high fidelity mockups
- Create and implement interaction models and user interface specifications
- Ensure the technical feasibility of designs
- Use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Collaborate with product management on scenarios, end-to-end experiences, and screen designs
- Work in conjunction with both product management, user engagement and engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience (including working directly with programmers on execution)
- Conduct A/B Testing of applications design
- Follow visual elements, product elements, and design guidelines
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Partner with the development teams to prepare prototypes
- US Citizenship is required
- Minimum 3+ years previous experience in UI, UX, or Product design positions
- Mastery in designing products using Sketch or Figma
- Proven experience using UX design best practices to design solutions across multiple platforms (desktop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Experience using prototyping tools such as InVisionApp and storyboards and user flows
- Expertise in clearly and effectively communicating design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Demonstrated ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Skilled in working effectively in a team setting, including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete designs
- Mastery in building, launching, and iterating under pressure
- In-depth understanding of the latest UI/UX design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Available portfolio of in-market examples of successful user interface design, focused on web and mobile
- Experience in designing an interactive big data driven application
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Experience in or exposure to the nuances of a startup or other entrepreneurial environment
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in ambiguity, are a self-starter, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.