Director of UX Writing
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Klarna is the place where change is happening. Fast.
We are in a scaleup phase with a foundation in place while still being formable. Our focus is moving from payments to shopping. From invoices to inspiration. Having 100 million shoppers and 250K+ retailers is great, but we are nowhere near done. The challenge ahead is to lift the product and all aspects of design, including UX writing, to even higher levels. We’re not just trying to raise the bar. We want to be the bar. For that, we need a leader for leaders who knows what it takes to work as a UX writer. Someone to drive excellence and to challenge the status quo.
Design Competence - we make Klarna stand out
Klarna is dedicated to enhancing and redefining the world’s smooothest shopping experience. The Klarna Design Competence is staffed by amazing people with a range of skills to best meet Klarna’s needs. We are not easily defined. We break into pop culture by making award-winning campaigns. We refine and implement Klarna’s voice. We make products simple and intuitive.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced UX Writing leader to represent and develop the UX Writing discipline across our organization. You will manage a team of UX Writing leads and work closely with other design leaders to establish the standards and processes we need to deliver exceptional design.
What you will do
- Create a clear UX writing vision for design at Klarna
- Establish the processes, practices and documentation needed to achieve our UX writing vision
- Set targets and ways of working to raise the overall quality of messaging for Klarna’s products and services
- Lead a growing team of 10 UX writers including 2 UX writing leads
- Scale up the UX writing team to meet our growth ambitions
- Support with hands-on work in Klarna’s key strategic design initiatives
- Be part of the Design Operations team and report to the VP of Design
You should have
- 5+ years experience working in UX writing for digital products, apps or websites
- 5+ years of experience in leadership position
- Experience working with global products
- A great understanding of design process, usability and UX best practices
- Experience with UX research, for example designing and evaluating experiments, applying learnings to the product experience
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment together with people from all types of competences – from engineers and UX designers to marketeers and analysts
- A data-driven approach to your work and you aren’t afraid to start over from scratch
- Experience with product design tools is a plus, but not required (Sketch, Abstract, etc.)
How to apply
Please send over a CV in English. A portfolio is required to be considered.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.