Working closely alongside Design Team Leads and clients, you craft meaningful interactive and brand experiences through design, participating in workshops, implementing strategies and customer-centric methodologies. In addition to managing your project timelines and deliverables, you are an integral part of inspiring the design team, helping to develop and grow processes and keeping an active dialog with the team about new design trends and tools within the industry.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of web and interactive design experience
- Solid foundation in the principles of UI and UX
- Solid understanding of user-centered design and design thinking
- Solid skills in user interface design, wireframing, information & application architecture, process flows, prototyping, stakeholder & customer interviews, high-level usability testing
- Familiar working with dev teams
- A combination of strategic, and conceptual design abilities
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Able to work under pressure with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Exhibit a high degree of emotional intelligence, listening skills, and tact
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Self-motivated: you take the initiative to find a solution rather than waiting for someone to find one for you
- Proficient in Google Apps, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Omnigraffle;
- HTML5/CSS3 is a plus
- Enterprise app experience is a plus
- In-depth user research experience is a plus
Role and Responsibilities:
- You lead by example in craftsmanship, accountability and behavior for the other members of the design team and Tallwave as a whole;
- You are an active listener who speaks candidly and challenges assumptions and finds solutions with respect and grace;
- You are accountable to your customers and your teammates and are aware of how your actions affect your team and our business.
- You use a design thinking approach to affect decisions on a higher level, solve business problems, and create business opportunities;
- You help create and improve workflows and processes;
- You are passionate about keeping up to speed with trends and innovations in experience design, technology, visual design, art, communications design and product design;
- You develop and enforce user experience design, interface design, and branding best practices;
- You will present work to internal teams and clients and be able to intelligently defend and collaborate on your designs in a room full of non-designers;
- You participate in key internal meetings, including weekly status updates and planning sessions and maintain current status using our communication tools;
- You work with clients and project teams to create deliverables like website and application architecture docs, user flows, sketching, wireframes and detailed annotations, UI concepts and mock-ups, and prototypes.
The culture and perks of being a Tallwaver:
- We embrace a maverick attitude. We’re willing to challenge convention and think beyond the ask.
- We are committed to relentless pursuit. We’re curious with a focus on personal growth.
- We value selfless teamwork, demonstrating strong leadership qualities with a knack for collaboration.
- We are thoughtfully rigorous, have a strong work ethic and have strong attention to details.
- An environment that fosters empathy and compassion for each other and our clients.
- A diverse (and competitive, and hilarious, and sometimes a little crazy) group of coworkers. You know, the kind you actually want to grab a drink with after work.
- Career growth and opportunity. We grow leaders here.
- We recognize the contributions of individuals and teams throughout Tallwave and we stop to celebrate through Happy hours, on-the-fly high fives, core-values-based awards during our All Hands Meetings, and Tallwave anniversary awards, to name a few.
- Catered “Lunch & Discuss” sessions, and formal training sessions focused on continuous learning and growth as a team.
- We offer comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) plans.
- Concierge-booked Tallwave Work Anniversary experiences.
- We provide employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability plans and life insurance.
- We’re more concerned about how we work than where we work. We offer remote work and office hours flexibility as needed.
- We trust our team -- we have a generous PTO policy. Seriously, did you read about it yet? It’s kind of amazing!
- We are surrounded by badass talent and clients -- our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Wired, Product Hunt, and more.
- We are featured on the 2020 INC Best Workplaces List.
- We are featured on the 2020 Phoenix Business Journal Best Places to Work List.
This job may require sitting for long periods of time, and minimal (if any) lifting. Travel may be required.
Tallwave is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.