VaynerCommerce is a Growth Engineering Firm that provides growth, technology, and consulting services to help brands achieve sustainable growth. Whether it’s a new eCommerce experience or a connected mobile app, we’ll translate your big idea into a digital experience that’s meaningful, useful, and delivers real results. We pride ourselves on being able to provide brands with holistic solutions, no matter what stage they’re at.
Who are you?
As UI/UX, you will be working in collaboration with the Technology/Development and Creative teams, and responsible for creating beautiful and intuitive solutions. You will be collaborating, promoting and refining the vision of experience design with creative designers, strategy and technical teams. As experiences across touchpoints are changing and becoming more connected, you are helping to lead this movement.
The task at hand?
- Provide UX/UI design support while understanding user-centered design principles and best practices, and the importance of enforcing this for a brand.
- Collaborate with designers and to design wireframes and mockups that translate e-commerce system requirements into highly functional, user-friendly experiences.
- Work with strategists, designers, and engineers to identify and solve for complex, user-centric cases while leveraging the design thinking process across various project sizes and timelines.
- Deliver UX/UI artifacts to communicate solutions, patterns, and high-level interactions (user stories, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user data/research, etc)
- Craft and visualize user interface screens, transitions, animations, etc.
- Represent the UX/UI discipline in pitches and internal meetings
- Have a commitment to quality in problem solving, conceptualizing interfaces, visualizing digital sites/apps, and understanding how each touchpoint is connected to the full user experience
- Iterate and evolve designs by working with QA and conducting user testing and qualitative sessions to improve engagement, usability, and affinity
- Stay current on emerging industry trends and the competitive landscape to provide insight on ways to improve visual design, usability and website functionality and holistic experiences.
- Translate business requirements, end user needs and input from cross-functional teams into differentiated design solutions
The ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years working as a UX/UI designer or Interactive Designer in e-commerce or digital design field
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously, and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail is a must
- Experience designing UX/UI for digital and ecommerce with expert knowledge of responsive web design, and mobile-specific design patterns (iOS/Android)
- Passion for user experience, interaction design, service design and information architecture
- Strong visual design skills and experience working closely with designers and artists
- Excellent creative, analytical and process-oriented skills, as well as verbal and written skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to build working relationships across Creative and Technology/Development teams in a collaborative, dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD), Sketch, Figma, Invision, or other related tools.
- Familiarity with Shopify platform
- Graphic Design, Illustration, and Photoshop experience
- Knowledge and understanding of development cycles and common software practices
- Strong knowledge of site design and usability principles, issues, and techniques
- Previous experience designing complex websites and multi-platform experiences
- Ability to analyze customer needs and define strategies for meeting them
- Ability to present work and rationale for internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Web Design, Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or related design discipline is preferred but not required
Please submit a portfolio along an application and answer the following questions in a cover letter.
- Define the differences between UX Designer, UI designer, Visual Designer and UX Strategist.
- Which one do you most associate with? What do you least associate with?
- What are you most passionate about?