UX Writer and Content Strategist
UX WRITER & CONTENT DESIGNER (CONTRACT)
Online shopping lacks the human touch. We’re on a mission to change that.
From sneaker kings like Nike to fashion brands Levi’s and rag & bone to disruptors like Credo Beauty; the hottest brands use HERO® to bring virtual shopping to millions of online shoppers. Through text, chat, video and stories, shoppers can get real-time advice and style inspiration from product experts in the know.
Hero gives brands the competitive advantage of putting human interaction at the center of their eCommerce site, driving sales and increasing average order value. Find out more at usehero.com or on Instagram at @heroapp.
Enjoy the ride; celebrate the wins, look for the learnings.
Go above and beyond; exceed your own expectations.
Obsess over the experience; the details make the difference.
Be an energy giver; not an energy taker.
We’re looking for an experienced copywriter/content strategist to lead a project to evolve tone of voice in key product experiences and create foundational documentation for Hero’s knowledge bases. In addition, you will provide a lifeline of communication support across workstreams. Reporting to the VP Product, you’ll liaise directly with internal stakeholders to gather requirements, conduct creative reviews and collaborate on experience.
Communication design plays a pivotal role in customer and user experience at Hero - so we'll count on you to help facilitate successful engagement in a number of product areas, referring to our Engagement Playbook and Brand Guidelines as a starting point. From improving user journeys and onboarding to enhancing customer understanding of our features and capabilities, you’ll need an independent spirit and an instinct for concise but powerful messaging - and how to make it work in every unique context.
You’ll be responsible for:
· Leading a discovery project to identify opportunities to enhance engagement through changes of tone of voice and develop product-specific tone of voice guidelines
· Planning the content strategy and delivery of a series of product deep dives on Hero’s customer-facing knowledge base, in coordination with VP Product
· Supporting in the ongoing delivery of technical, operational documentation
· Supporting Product Marketing with creative review and copywriting support for inbound email campaigns, documentation and presentation collateral
· Coordinating with CSM on the creative review and copywriting delivery of training video scripts
· Supporting Product Design with creative review and copywriting support for in-product messaging
· Manage delivery timelines, requirement gathering and stakeholder engagement
· Interface with stakeholders to ensure copy is accurate to product and customer success best practices
· Liaise directly to the VP Product to prioritise and agree project plans and report on the status of projects
You’ll need to have:
· 5+ years professional experience as a copywriter
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· A strong understanding of UX writing and user-centric approaches
· A portfolio of work that demonstrates your abilities in a range of contexts
· A strategic mindset and a research-led approach
· Strong content presentation skills.
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills
· Ability to listen carefully and gather technical requirements
· Meticulous attention to detail and excellent reporting ability