At Snorkel AI, we’re redefining how people and organizations build AI applications. We’re building Snorkel Flow, a visual interface for end-to-end development, complete with powerful programmatic interfaces for driving the development process for full AI application workflows: from preprocessing, to programmatic training data creation, to ML model training, to analysis, and deployment. Modern AI requires large labeled training datasets to learn from. While traditional approaches typically rely on armies of human annotators to label by hand, Snorkel Flow empowers users to programmatically label and build training data sets to drive a radically faster, more flexible, and higher quality end-to-end AI development process.
Excited to help us redefine how AI applications are built? Apply to be the newest Snorkeler!
Snorkel is at the beginning of developing it’s brand story and we are seeking a talented UX/UI Designer to help us craft our next stage of evolution. It's an exciting time to join us as your work will have a direct impact on our brand expression and how we are seen by the AI community and our customers.
About The Role
As a UX/UI Designer within our growing team you will be responsible for continued development of the company website and digital endpoints. We are seeking someone who has an equal eye on both our customer user journey and visual experience.
The next evolution of our brand is currently underway and this role will be pivotal in executing that new vision onto our digital platforms so successful candidates will need to be able to translate that visual language into a compelling web experience that works across devices and adheres to the latest usability standards.
You will be joining a team of talented Visual, Motion, Brand Designers and Content Creators.
We are an international team working remotely in the UK and USA
- Assist the creative leads in the further development of our website and digital experiences
- Work with Project Managers and Content Creators to create a balanced content structure for the website, blog and social media Understand and develop our site architecture, develop user flows and content maps at the wireframe stage
- Build compelling UI experiences using latest technologies and best practices such as accessibility and responsive design
- Develop information, text and graphics into logical and creative low-fidelity wireframes and high-fidelity mockups (We use Photoshop and Figma, but if you’re into XD, Sketch, Illustrator, or whatever else is out there, that’s fine too)
- Work alongside our Product Design Team to build an effective design system that creates a unified end-to-end customer experience for Snorkel
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function, look and feel
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams, leadership and key stakeholders
- Take an active role in QA, ensuring the highest standards of usability
- Qualified candidates should have at least 5 years and be able to show a full and rich portfolio of projects you have worked on.
- A strong grasp and understanding of brands and their visual impact on culture.
- A minimum of a BA/HND in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Communication Design, Arts or equivalent experience.
- Have an understanding of UX and how to articulate design against user flows and architecture.
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
If you applied to a position at Snorkel AI over 9 months ago, feel free to re-apply and let us know what you've been up to!
Be Your Best At Snorkel
Snorkel AI is on a mission to make machine learning practical for everyone, and it starts with building a team that welcomes, represents and gives opportunity to all. We work at the frontier of AI and software engineering, and believe that underrepresented communities need to play a part in shaping the future of these fields. At Snorkel AI, we actively work to create an environment that values end-to-end ownership, diverse forms of impact, and opportunities for personal growth.
Snorkelers are supported by an amazing team and an amazing set of benefits. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for Snorkelers and their families, plus a yearly wellness stipend. Our 401k program lets Snorkelers plan for their future with a 100% match up to 5% of annual salary. And our parental leave program lets new parents take up to 20 weeks of paid time off. Learn more about these benefits and more — like our workstation setup allowance — on our Careers page.
Snorkel AI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Snorkel AI embraces diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Snorkel AI prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.