UX & Web Designer
Want to work remotely? Want to make an impact by working for a small company that values autonomy and working collaboratively in a team to solve challenging problems? Love learning new technology? Then you'll fit right into the Marketcircle Team!
We are looking for a web designer to join our web team and help us level up our website and web apps.
You'll be working in a small, remote team, and you'll have a high level of autonomy. Since we are a fully remote company, we expect good time management and focus discipline.
We are looking for someone with several of years of practical experience (you'll need to demonstrate some of your work).
What Success Looks Like:
- By 6 Months, You have completed the redesign of our website to be a best-in-class example within the Apple ecosystem and begun on improving the user experience of Account Manager
- By 12 Months, You will make significant design enhancements to Account Manager and have designed the first few slices of a Daylite web app that works well on all platforms and screen sizes.
Must Have Skills:
- 4+ years experience with UX and Web Design
- You understand fundamentals of web design principles in terms of styling, layout, etc...
- You understand that design is more than how it looks, but how it works, to create a great user experience
- You are savvy with modern, responsive HTML & CSS
- You have experience working with, and enjoy using Mac, iPad, and iPhone
- You have a good understanding of SEO principles
- You can leverage tools to maintain the website, such as finding and removing dead links
- You have experience with design tools such as Sketch or Figma so that you can quickly mock up and communicate your design ideas
Nice to Haves:
- You have some experience with EmberJS
- You are curious and like to understand how things work
- You strive to make the user experience friendly and simple
- You are friendly and approachable
- You are a quick learner
- You are able to carve out time for focussed work amid multiple competing priorities
- You value our users' privacy
- You appreciate a high performing website
- You have great attention to detail
Marketcircle Inc. is a fun and distributed tech company. We believe in the power of Kaizen, teamwork, creativity, ownership, and empathy. By embodying these core values we know we impact the lives of our customers, and each other.
Our mission is to empower small business worldwide which drives us to develop a native macOS and iOS app that helps thousands create organization of what would otherwise be chaos.
Tired of a long commute to work? As long as you have reliable internet, and can work between 10:00AM - 3:00PM EST (core hours), you can work from anywhere! Though we are mostly remote, our team tries to meet up in the office every now and again to share some laughs, build camaraderie and eat some good food! We also make it a point to do activities together, like axe throwing, escape rooms, evenings out, etc.
Marketcircle provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 905-480-5555 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.