Senior UX Researcher
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As a Senior UX Researcher for our team, you'll be working every day to empower our customers by bringing their needs into our company strategy. While working with cross functional partners, you'll help define the product roadmap through rigorous investigation, focusing on areas requiring in-depth customer discovery. You'll help build our research practice, develop methodologies that help grow Convoy's research culture, and mentor others across the org in order to ensure the highest standards of knowledge and truth.
Working with demand-side product and business teams, you'll be supporting one of our highest priority, customer-facing areas where shippers interact with our product and service. Our users, both internal and external, meet at this intersection of the Convoy ecosystem. Your research and insights will inform how our product and service work. You will bring deep knowledge of the customer, their context, and their purpose to the team and your craft everyday. You will work alongside a strong team of designers, product managers, and research scientists to inform and strategize solutions that raise the bar in the industry.
- Partner with Design Leads, Product Managers, Engineering, and Data Science to uncover customer insights that help inform and deliver exceptional product experiences.
- Work in partnership with product teams on the highest impact areas for both customers and the business.
- Build up the research discipline. From development and evolution of methodologies, to building up the logistical and operational processes for you and others to execute on problem space and customer-focused research.
- Facilitate research sessions and provide mentorship to team members on best practices.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years in user UX researcher, experience research, product research, or equivalent.
- Deep knowledge of a broad range of research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative, with an ability to apply process and synthesize results in areas of high ambiguity.
- You can demonstrate this knowledge tangibly via a portfolio of work.
- Expertise working with multiple data sets such as telemetry, sentiment, and unstructured data sets and combining them with qualitative insights to paint a holistic picture.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an aptitude for telling compelling stories both orally, written, and media-rich forms.
- A minimum of Master’s degree in cognitive or experimental psychology, sociology, HCI, ethnography, OR a BA/BS in one of the above fields with significant academic or industry experience.
Nice to haves:
- Ability to build early-stage UX deliverables, knowledge of SQL or other telemetry back end systems.
- Experience with research operations execution and cross-team mentorship.
- Experience growing others as researchers (e.g. a team or otherwise).
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!