Virtuo is the first 100% mobile and hassle-free car rental service that allows you to register, rent, return the car at our stations in complete autonomy or getting a car delivered to and picked up from you simply by using only your smartphone.
Founded in 2015 by Karim and Thibault, launched in Paris in April 2016 with the goal to take all the pain points out of traditional car rental and offer a constraint-free experience at all stages also the mission to free people and cities from the burden of car ownership by providing the right car when you need it. We are expanding our fleet and expecting 100% of it covered by electric vehicles by 2030 and plans to be live in 10 countries by 2025.
📲 +1,000,000 downloads
👤 +100,000 users
🚙 +4,000 cars
💪 +100 Virtuoses
💰 Fundraising in 2016: €30M (Investors: Xavier Niel -Kima Ventures, Bernard Liautaux- Balderton Capital). In 2021: €80M (Investors: AXA Venture Partners (AVP), Bpifrance Large Venture, Alpha Intelligence Capital, H14, Groupe BPCE, Natixis, Balderton Capital, Iris Capital and RAISE France).
🏆 Rewards: Best apps on the app store 2016&18, BPI France, and 2021 FrenchTech Top 120.
📍 We are in France, U.K., Spain, and Italy (🇩🇪 soon ), service available in 54 locations
Virtuo’s functional landscape is huge: customer Apps and Websites (content, reservation, account management), B2B portal, back-office, or even integration with partners like Kayak and CityMapper.
As a member of the Design team, you will be responsible to analyse data to find consistent UX solutions and increase the user experience. You will report directly to the head of design and will be a part of a small team of 4 peoples working closely with the UI designer and the product designer.
🎯 Your missions
• Partner with stakeholders, product managers, designers, and developers to assess product objectives and strategies to identify opportunities and conduct research to generate deeper insights
• Conduct research to understand our customers’ problems, collaborate with product owners, designers and developers to integrate research findings and usability into the final product
• User research: conduct field studies, surveys, interviews, ethnographic studies, demographic analysis to combine with product research, and various mixed methods
• Able to demonstrate work process methodology including user workflows, wireframes/mockups, and interactions
• Comparative and competitive research: analyse and stay on top of competitive products, industry, and market trends
• Usability testing: create test plans with the product and design teams and facilitate usability sessions in person and/or remote using various tools to validate designs with customers and provide actionable recommendations
• Develop comprehensive research strategies to drive data into decisions across the product lifecycle
• Communicate research results and provide recommendations using data and metrics through written reports and group presentations to stakeholders and the design team
🥇 What this position will provide you with
• You will be the first UX researcher at Virtuo, your field of action is huge
• Our product had multiple rewards and is used by more than 100K users
• Make an impact: the chance to shape the future of European mobility
• You will work in the flagship of ‘la French Tech’ with incredible traction in Europe
🌟 You are the ideal candidate if
• Minimum 3 years experience in all aspects of the research process from planning, executing, analysing, and collaborating with stakeholders and product team
• You have a strong understanding of the ways people use mobile services
• A clear, demonstrable record of applying research skills to create a practical business impact like a portfolio
• A thorough understanding of the relationship between business, technology, and user experience and the role of user research
• You are a curious, creative, and empathetic personality: you like talking to people & putting yourself in their shoes
• Effective verbal and written communication style distilling complex multi-method research reports into understandable, compelling, and actionable insights
• Capacity to juggle with both quantitative & qualitative data (interviews, surveys, user tests etc) and you synthesize it into an actionable recommendation
• Fluent in English
• You are a strong team spirit and a dedicated team player
🔍 Recruitment process
1/ 1st phone call with our Head of talent
2/ 2nd phone call with our Head of UX
3/ Study case and Meeting with our Head of UX and Lead Product Owner
4/ Culture fit interview with our Head of talent
👉 Working daily at Virtuo will make you
• Participate in the revolution of the car rental industry by transforming a traditionally unpleasant and anxiety-provoking service into a fluid, modern and exciting experience!
• Join a fast-growing start-up, a flagship of “la French Tech 120 Startup” with incredible traction in Europe & be a part of an international team (over 4 countries)
• Work in a stimulating environment surrounded by bright, agile, and dynamic profiles
• Be part of a “user-centric” team which is one of the best customer team in the car rental industry
• Work for an innovative startup where everything is building, in a company where your decisions will have an immediate impact