Smith Micro Software
At Smith Micro, we develop software to simplify and enhance the mobile experience, providing solutions to leading wireless service providers and cable MSOs around the world. Our solutions enrich today’s connected lifestyles while creating new opportunities to engage consumers via smartphones and consumer IoT devices. Smith Micro's flagship products include SafePath - a connected life platform bringing together people and the connected things that are part of their daily digital lifestyle inside and outside the home; CommSuite - a voice services platform adding intelligence and other services to voice messaging; and ViewSpot - a digital retail platform bringing in-store devices to life with engaging experiences. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment where your skills can have real impact, let’s talk!
Smith Micro is looking for a UX intern to work across product teams to help bring the voice of the customer to our products. You will be reporting to the Director of Customer Experience. The ideal candidate is looking to support customer research efforts and work with the design team members to deliver effective solutions.
- Work with stakeholders, customers, and users to define product requirements.
- Help with competitive analysis (both direct and indirect competitors) and use this to influence product prioritization.
- Support the user research effort on our products, including analysis, and transition to design and product testing.
- Work with the team to define workflows and information architecture.
- Contribute to the high-level design of our products based on the findings from research.
- Knowledge of standard UX research methods and processes.
- Ability to turn research insights into high-level product strategy and design concepts.
- Ability to manage time across multiple projects and customers.
- Comfortable challenging ideas and assumptions when evidence points in another direction.
- Remote - we expect that fully remote work will continue through the internship period.
We’re looking for creative thinkers, game-changing challengers and individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. We won’t just hire anyone. Only amazing people like you – those who are driven, focused, and interested in ever-changing technology.
We offer competitive pay, paid time off and holidays, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes premium medical coverage, well-being programs, an employee stock purchase program (ESPP), a 401(k) plan with company match, and more.
Smith Micro is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Smith Micro is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources department, HR@smithmicro.com or call 412-837-5300.