Senior Product Designer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Bloom is a full-service workplace design consultancy representing SoleSavy on their search for their next Senior Product Designer to join their team. As Talent Advisors, we will be the liaison between SoleSavy and yourself during this recruitment process. We do not use fancy tech to search through resumes at Bloom; every resume is reviewed by a human to ensure that we attain a consistent and equitable interview process. You will directly join the team at SoleSavy if you are selected as the successful candidate. We look forward to seeing your application!
SoleSavy is headquartered in Vancouver, and we’re looking to build our team within North America. You’ll work 100% remotely from the place that makes you the happiest and the most productive.
Hi! My name is Adarsh Pallian, COO of SoleSavy. As a product designer turned investor and now an operator, I’m excited to build a world-class product team for SoleSavy.
SoleSavy is a VC-backed tech company that is disrupting the sneaker space, curating a community for sneakerheads and collectors. SoleSavy’s mission is to connect and empower those who love sneakers, and to move sneaker culture forward in meaningful ways. We want to make collecting sneakers accessible, and bring like-minded communities together. We’re building the next generation of paid communities, sneaker content, and marketplace. We have the resources and appetite to disrupt a multi-billion sneaker industry, and are looking for versatile go-getters to help us build new digital experiences.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role in a fast-growing startup. Great digital experiences are an important part of our company’s success as we build the future of our platform for an established audience. You’ll have the freedom to elevate and deliver a thoughtful and engaging user experience that makes our members smile.
Your mission as a Senior Product Designer will be to demonstrate strategic, creative, and user-centered design solutions to complex problems. You have the mindset for creating something that will solve the user’s problems while also accomplishing their needs. While you love beautiful UI as much as the next person, you are obsessed with user experience and weave empathy into every step of the process.
- You’ll design major features from ideation to launch.
- You’ll deliver high level and detailed storyboards, mockups, prototypes, and collaborate on detailed design specifications to effectively and clearly communicate interaction and design concepts and solutions.
- You’ll work closely with design, product, and engineering teams to explore objectives, participate in user research, brainstorm, design concepts, test, build, and ship a great product.
- You are the champion for the user’s experience, seeking new ways of doing things with original and imaginative solutions.
- You’ll actively contribute to building, continually maintaining and evolving our Design System.
- You think in systems when approaching design; using existing components and patterns where possible and creating new ones when it's needed.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- You have Senior Product Design experience.
- You have a portfolio that reflects your UX/UI skills.
- You are experienced at shipping product, ideally in the consumer space.
- You have a solid understanding of the product process from defining the problem to designing beautiful UI/visual design.
- You are customer obsessed. You’re a big proponent of user research and customer validation when creating a solution.
- You have strong prototyping skills at various fidelity using tools like Figma, InVision, Framer or HTML/CSS/JS.
- You have a strong desire to seek actionable feedback; You’re motivated by the opportunity to improve in every aspect of your role.
- You have experience contributing to design systems. You’re not afraid to challenge the system and make suggestions/improvements.
- You have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentations, demos) with a strong aptitude for communicating design rationales to stakeholders.
- You possess a self-starter mentality with a penchant for building relationships and collaborating.
Bonus if you are...
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you’re motivated by the success of the community and your colleagues.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, take your commitments to others seriously, and have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting, and learning from the perspectives of others.
The Interview Process
Deadline to Apply: Monday, June 14th by 5 PM (EST)
Step 1: Remote interview with a member of the Bloom team over Zoom to talk about values and SoleSavy culture.
Step 2: Remote interview with Adarsh Pallian (COO) to talk about the role and technical alignment.
Step 3: Remote interview with Dejan Pralica (CEO) to talk about Cultural alignment.
Step 4: Final remote interview with Adarsh.
Step 5: Conduct References.
Step 6: Offer.
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire on-boarding will be conducted virtually.
Compensation Band: $95- 115K CAD
SoleSavy is currently building out their team in both Canada and the United States. The current role description that you are reading is for candidates like you who are based in Canada! You may see the same role posted for job seekers based in the US. While some details, such as salary and benefits, may differ. The role itself is the exact same opportunity. The difference in salary is a reflection of the job market and the respective locations. We look forward to receiving your application!
- Competitive salary and benefits (including group benefits and paid parental leave).
- Team events and retreats.
- Learning & development budget.
- WFH hardware/software setup you need.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Diverse team and a commitment to inclusion.
Like Bloom, SoleSavy is a proud equal opportunity workplace that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We don’t care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what names you might have on your resume. Instead, we’re looking for motivated and compassionate people who can execute from the ground up.
Solesavy is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org.