CarTrawler brings opportunities to life through a global online marketplace connecting Partners, Customers and Suppliers.
Our market leading B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities.
CarTrawler works in partnership with many of the world’s biggest travel brands, providing mobility services for over a quarter of the top 100 airlines globally, including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and OTA’s such as eDreams, Hotels.com and Hopper. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems. Based in Dublin, all decisions are made here - in Ireland.
Reporting to: Product Manager - Mobility
At the start of 2019, CarTrawler created a dedicated business function within the organisation referred to as Mobility. 'Realise the Mobility Opportunity’ is one of the four pillars for the company strategy thus reinforcing its importance to the overall company vision. This function was set up to focus exclusively on a reformed mobility proposition when it comes to how we sell on-demand taxi hire, private transfer hire, airport shuttles and bus/coach hire for our partners, our partners end customers and our suppliers.
The dedicated function is made up of cross-functional disciplines which range from Product & Technology, Business Development, Partner Relationship Management, Data Insights, Supply and Customer teams respectively. It has a ‘start-up’ culture, unique to the wider organisation, as we are fully ring-fenced, autonomous and have developed the technology from the ground up - with a predominant focus on mobile. If you are keen to work in a fast-paced environment, work with a team of go-getters and are looking for a platform to showcase your creativity and make a difference - this is the role for you!
The Product Designer role within the Mobility function is responsible for collaborating effectively across the P&T teams working closely with product engineers, product managers and fellow product design colleagues. Solving problems at every stage of the product lifecycle; from concept to development – effectively developing the structure of how a user will navigate the product. Unifying flow, interaction and visual design to provide a seamless Product.
Main Accountabilities and Key Tasks
· Ability to problem solve at every stage of the product lifecycle – from concept to development – effectively developing the structure of how a user will navigate the product – unifying flow, interaction and visual design to provide a seamless Product.
· Improve, create and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, mid/high fidelity mock-ups and effectively communicate your UI and UX concepts.
· To conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design problems.
· To exhibit excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user interactions, functionality, and accessibility. Able to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
· Where and when appropriate, lead design team style guide practices and implementation – working closely with the design and development teams to ensure lean practices such as atomic design are embraced.
· Collaborate effectively with wider stakeholder groups organising and leading design workshops to gather rich ideas and advocate the process
· Continually staying up to date with the latest changes in your industry’s standards, trends and competitor products. Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
· Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design strategy as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles of:
o Information Architecture
o Solution for Business and User problems
o Visual design
· P&T – Product Manager – Liaise with your direct report on shared ways of working within your direct team and cross-functionally, managing your project intake and defining a personal growth plan to support your career goals.
· Data Insights - Working closely with our insights team to better understand our user challenges through prototype testing, moderated research, screen recordings, on-site feedback and user testing and using this to inform solution designs.
· P&T - Product Engineering - Working with the engineering function to deliver winning solutions and act as the gatekeeper on product delivery excellence.
· Working closely with stakeholders from across the business to understand and fulfil requirements.
Knowledge and Skills
· Design experience with multiple user interface design projects for web, tablet, mobile and app.
· Demonstrated experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, customer journey map, site mapping, etc.
· Demonstrated experience of leading design process through full lifecycle: concept to product
· Expert knowledge of industry standard tools such as Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), Figma, Sketch, InVision, Prototyping tools.
· Ability to switch between analytical and creative thinking
· Detail-oriented – ability to capture all elements of requirements and scenarios and address edge cases
· Excellent and effective communicator – able to communicate at all levels within the team (tech, design, research) and the various business functions – engaging senior stakeholders effectively around UX
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
· Ability to work independently and as an active member of a team.
· Understanding of agile delivery and software delivery lifecycle methodologies.
Nice to have:
· Working knowledge of iOS and Android official user interface guidelines (HIG and Material Design) and best practices for mobile and tablet design.
· Have basic experience with development tools like Xcode and/or Android Studio.
· Experience in A/B and multi-variate testing
· Experience in the travel industry
· Usability Testing
Hybrid Working Model
At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you.
At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including:
· A Windows laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera
· A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style desk
· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available
· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members
· Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future
· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents and marriage leave
· Life assurance & Income protection
· Financial planning support
· Mental Health@CarTrawler programme
· Internal referral programme
· Bike to Work
· Travel Tax Saver
The Cool Stuff:
· Annual performance related bonus
· 25 days annual leave
· “Friday Unplugged” – Last Friday of every month we have a half day mental health break day.
· We have a dedicated Talent Management and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development, including unlimited premium access to;
o LinkedIn Learning
o Technical trainings via Udemy
o We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmes
o To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops
· We have several employee cohorts across the business that you can become a part of or you will benefit from as they all play a key role in the super culture we have within CarTrawler;
o Sports and Social club
o CSR Committee
o Mental Health First Aiders
o Engagement Champion Network
· Weekly Yoga classes and Meditation
· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer & Christmas Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more