Senior Product Designer
Coinsquare’s Product & Engineering team is on the hunt for fresh thinkers and makers to join our growing design team. As a Sr. Product Designer, you’ll use your design skills to help and continue to grow your design and product expertise in a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Join a motivated, energetic team of Product Managers, Product Designers and Engineers working in an exciting and emerging space - cryptocurrency and blockchain technology - building the financial institution of the future. Your work will make a real impact and you’ll collaborate with many other disciplines to create elegant and delightful digital product experiences.
As a startup in an emerging industry, this is a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The learning is virtually limitless - help shape not only your own career but a new industry. If you’re fueled by curiosity and want to be on the forefront of an exciting business, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Continuously level up your knowledge in this emerging industry; develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products to bring new ideas to the team
- Figure out what users need and find opportunities to improve their experience through user research methods such as empathy interviews, surveys and usability tests
- Combine qualitative and quantitative data to derive insights, solve problems, and refine the product experience on our web platform
- Drive human-centred design activities, working in concert with product teams, throughout the product development lifecycle
- Define and validate user experiences through personas, journey maps, user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes and other design artifacts
- Operate and grow your skills across the entire product design spectrum, from product discovery and research to delivery and execution
- Propel the Coinsquare brand through experience design; define and own Coinsquare’s product design guidelines and UI best practices/standards
Experience you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in UX Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design, related field or equivalent hands-on experience
- 5+ years of work experience in a digital product design role, leading both research and design activities within a cross-functional product team
- You’re fluid and able to operate at any level of zoom from the big picture down to the pixel
- You’re skilled in human-centred design methodologies, beyond the UI, and are able to influence and help others understand that design is more than just “skinning” an interface
- You’re pragmatic and believe in an iterative design and experimentation, using strategies such as A/B testing and rapid prototyping to inform and evolve design solutions
- You possess a growth mindset and are willing to step out of the design space to strengthen your skills and competencies as a designer
- You’re a master at adapting to the ever-changing tools of the trade; able to use tools in the modern product design stack such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 100 employees by January of 2019. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what's possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.