Who We Are:
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well priced, trustworthy, and that offers a large selection of great locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few Kasa to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include lively All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in-person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We offer benefits that encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are crucial to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new Kasa team member gets trained in our Guest Experience Akademy during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speak to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
This role is fully remote, we set a location because some job boards require it.
We are looking for a Hungary-based UI/UX designer (open to remote) to help us create and enhance our products that serve hundreds of thousands of guests today, and millions more to come. You will work with a team of engineers, designers, and product managers to design new products from scratch as well as extend our internal design library.
In this role, you will report to our Lead Product designer and work closely with the Director of Product Design, Product Manager of Guest and Partner apps, and cross-functional stakeholders.
Day in the life of a Kasa Designer
We run a lean process and organize our work into 1-week sprints, similar to most product teams. We have a weekly planning session on Mondays where we review upcoming features, incoming requests, and research tasks. During the week we meet daily for a short standup to discuss progress and then, if necessary we hold a design critique session. Our designers are embedded in their respective product teams so they also join a couple of agile team ceremonies to keep the feedback loop tight. Most days are spent on deep work with occasional collaborative working sessions as needed.
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Created multiple mockups and prototypes for core features of our product
- Contributed meaningfully to our design library
- Worked with the engineering team to make what you designed a reality
- Understood the guest, landlord and operating team product challenges facing companies in the furnished hospitality space
- 5+ years of digital product design experience
- Experience with prototyping to articulate your designs, especially in cases where interactions may be particularly nuanced
- Experience in communicating user experience ideas through wireframes and mockups to stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in preparing design documentation for developers
- Experience in working with and expanding a company-wide design library
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- You are a customer-centered problem solver
- You are an expert in your field, have a strong EQ, and are able to generate deep empathy with guests and operating team members which enables you to truly listen and implement product feedback
- Travel is part of your DNA and you have a passion for the real estate, tech, and hospitality industry
- You have experience with Figma
- You've worked in the hospitality industry at some point in your career
- You've worked in a startup environment
- You have experience in working outside of product design (e.g: print, presentations, etc.)
About the Team
This role is in our Product Design department. Our designers have diverse backgrounds in hospitality, consulting, and real estate. Everyone joined Kasa because they are passionate about building a platform tat delivers value to our guests seeking trustworthy, well-priced accommodations in great locations. We run an agile development process and consider a strong culture-add (not just fit) a requirement.
- 🌏 Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- ✈ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- 🙌 Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it's not disruptive to their work
Kasa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.