Senior Product Researcher
About Kargo Product Team
Kargo Product Team consists of Product Management and Product Design functions. Our main job is to build products and services to achieve Kargo’s mission, and deliver best-in-class experience for our users: shippers (small businesses, enterprise businesses, freight forwarders), transporters (truck owner operators & their drivers) and internal team (our operations, customer success, finance, and sales team).
We operate a combination of human-centered design & design thinking approach in building solutions for our customers, and promote co-creation alongside our engineers and business team. We work in a dedicated team model where each squad has a designated mission and specific outcomes to achieve (we use OKR throughout the organization). Each Product Manager and Product Designer are ideally assigned with a few Product Engineers and QA Engineers to work together.
About The Role
You’ll partner with Product Design, Product Management, Operations, and Engineering to discover insights about our users, and to communicate opportunities across the company. You’ll think big about new areas to delve into, validate ideas before they're built, and evaluate products once they're delivered.
- Collaborate with Product Designers and Product Managers to design, prioritise, plan, and facilitate product discovery throughout the entire product cycle
- Gather and prioritise key questions, assumptions, and hypotheses from stakeholders
- Gather data using a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods to understand the (latent) needs of our users as well as gain insights of the user behavior and the context
- Synthesise findings and represent the voice of our users to stakeholders to enable product concepts creation process that answer the user needs as well as drive product and business objectives.
- Maintain and organise a repository of detailed research documentation
- Be an evangelist for user-centered, evidence-based approach to product development throughout the company
- Get involved in the team’s effort in empowering the team and continuously improve other more junior researcher’s growth through coaching, conducting review / critique sessions. You will promote learning culture, raise the bar and be part of the success.
- Work with the Deputy Head - Product Design and the rest of the team to scale design process and practices that enable the team build something that people need and want
- 3+ years of working experience in product or UX research-related field
- Strong capabilities in qualitative and quantitative research methods throughout the product cycle
- Strong critical thinking and storytelling skills
- Portfolio that showcases ability in analysis and synthesis of information and communicating it as actionable insights, with some level of understanding of the human-centered design methodology and information architecture in digital products interface
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with other researchers, designers, product managers and engineers
- Fluency in English communications (both spoken and written)
- A deep sense of accountability, adaptability, and embracing ambiguity working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to form consensus across a broad, fast-moving organization through excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including: presentation, constructive feedback, managing expectations, negotiation, and resolve conflicts)
- A degree in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Experience driving and supporting rapid research in a scrappy environment
- Experience in conducting and leading research for Logistics Solutions product and/or B2B SaaS company
- Experience facilitating Design Sprints and workshops
- Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
You’ll Be A Perfect Fit If:
We are looking for people who live and breath Kargo’s cultural values and internalize those values in their work as designers and product leaders:
- Customer obsessed. You get your hands dirty by talking and listening to your customers, then learn from their pain points and feedback. You bring customer voice in meeting rooms and replace opinions with data and insights.
- First-principle thinker. You love problems and are dedicated to solving the root cause, not just the symptoms. You guide the team to build products that drive outcome, not just output.
- Big bold bets. You think long term and optimize for moonshot ideas that will disrupt logistics innovation, while using data to test your hypothesis.
- Let the best ideas win. You are a good listener and collaborator that brings the best of everyone, you embrace thoughtful disagreements while fully committing to the final collective decision.
- Do more with less. You can work under constraint while still striving for optimum results. You are smart about prioritizing resources, and laser focused on achieving what matters most.
- Act like an owner. You go above and beyond by challenging the team to own the success together. You don’t care whether it’s your job or not, you’ll make it happen.