Senior UI + UX Product Designer
Modsy is a fast growing startup reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. With over $71M in funding, the future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way. Promoting inclusion and diversity is a core value, and we believe our diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team empowers us to build the best product for our customers.
About the Role
Modsy’s magic is made possible by our proprietary internal tools. We’re on the hunt for an experienced, multi-faceted product designer skilled in both UX research and UI design to bring your own brand of magic to the Modsy Tools Suite. As Senior / Principal Product Designer your user focus will be on our incredible team of interior designers and 3D modeling artists who work everyday in our tools to bring beautiful rooms to life. From understanding your users to integrating your research into an elegant solution, you will be key in building out and leveling-up the Modsy Tools Suite to become a true product of its own.
The ideal candidate loves to solve complex problems and serve internal users, building and iterating on productivity tools to serve our creative workforce. You’ll partner with product management, engineering, design-ops and other stakeholders in conducting research, ideating solutions, and taking stakeholder feedback. You will also work on improving our user interface with beautiful, usable designs that remove friction, unlocking for interior designers the full potential to do the job they love.
You are multidimensional; though you may be stronger at one or the other, you have skill in both user research and user interface design. You believe in user-centered design, working always to be the voice of the user and can solve complex problems and bring your ideas to life. You have experience working with and influencing senior leadership and cross-functional teams. You believe that the right tools can make the job great, and you are passionate about making that your mission for our team. You are excited by the prospect of bringing all of your skills to the table and collaborating every single day with all of the key players at Modsy, from product to engineering to designer operations, all the way up to the CEO. You are comfortable with advocating for and setting a path and are skilled at bringing fuzziness into focus.
- Partner with product owners, engineering, and operations teams to streamline processes & strategy to achieve the product goals
- Improve upon our existing proprietary tools and build them into true productsPush the boundaries of UX/UI and try new ideas.
- Be able to think “Blue Sky” and explore divergent concepts, then converge on and refine feasible, innovative designs.
- Collaborate to create product specifications and generate comprehensive information architecture, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes for web, iOS, Android, and email.
- Validate and substantiate your work, and be an advocate for user-centered design.
- Know how to present your work effectively, and articulately communicate design rationale to stakeholders.
Experience and Skills
- 5-8+ years’ experience as a product designer, ideally for SaaS/productivity tools suites
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience contributing strategically to products, then executing
- Experience with various design tools/software including Figma
- Comfortable leading and mentoring more junior designers
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets and customer journeys
- Comfortable presenting to company leaders and explaining the thinking behind your solutions
- Collaborative mentality, where you work together with other functions, giving and taking feedback and advocating for priorities you identify as important to the customer experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including assisting with project documentation and translating designs into actionable tickets for engineers
Working at Modsy
Headquartered in San Francisco, we have offices around the globe, from Portland to Bulgaria. We are proud to have an incredibly connected team of fun, bright employees whose voices are valued, careers are supported, and where transparency and excitement about what we do is key to our success.
Our San Francisco office is within walking distance to great food, great coffee, great shopping, and more. Modsy is proud to go above and beyond in how we take care of our staff, from competitive salary and equity to generous, top-notch healthcare and time off benefits, schedule flexibility, and cool perks like commuter reimbursement, free design packages, and even retail merchandise discounts of up to 40%!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating: 1) why you’re interested in working for Modsy in particular; 2) how you meet each of our requirements and “nice to haves” (to do this, please copy/paste them and put a response after each); and 3) a link to your Github or other code samples, if available. We are moving quickly, so expect to receive a response from our recruiter within 48 hours of your application.