Senior UX/UI Designer
At Snorkel AI, we’re redefining how people and organizations build AI applications. Snorkel started as a research project in the Stanford AI Lab in 2016, creating a higher-level interface to machine learning through programmatically labeled and managed training data. From deploying in some of the world’s largest and most sophisticated tech organizations to empowering scientists, doctors, and journalists — we’ve seen firsthand how this approach democratizes and accelerates AI. Now, we’re building Snorkel Flow to bring our technology to everyone!
Excited to help us redefine how AI applications are built? Apply to be the newest Snorkeler!
Snorkel is at the beginning of developing it’s brand story and we are seeking a talented Senior UX/UI Designer to help us craft our next stage of evolution. It's an exciting time to join us as your work will have a direct impact on our brand expression and how we are seen by the AI community and our customers.
About The Role
As a Senior UX/UI Designer within our growing team you will be responsible for continued development of the company website and digital endpoints. We are seeking someone who has an eye on both our customer user journey and visual experience.
The next evolution of our brand is currently underway and this role will be pivotal in translating that new vision into a comprehensive visual language, and a compelling web experience that works across devices and adheres to the latest usability standards. You will be joining a team of talented Visual, Motion, Brand Designers and Content Creators.
We are an international team working remotely in the UK and USA
- Working closely with the Creative Director, lead the next stage development of our website and digital experiences from conception to release
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Content Creators to create a balanced content structure for the website, blog and social media Understand and iteratively develop our site navigation and architecture so that our content is communicated in the best possible way to the user
- Translate the next evolution of our brand language into systematic, compelling digital experiences that work across all of our endpoints
- Communicate your ideas and work using mock ups, prototypes to gather early and often feedback from leadership and key stakeholders
- Build compelling UI experiences using latest technologies and standard methodologies such as accessibility and responsive design
- Working alongside both brand and product teams define, craft and evolve our design system, creating a unified experience across platforms and customer touchpoints
- Create effective handover materials (design specifications) which clearly communicate how the design should look and behave to engineering
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers and the broader marketing team in order to continually raise our bar for quality, while also taking on mentorship of more junior members of the team
- Qualified candidates should have at least 5+ years design experience and be able to show a full and rich portfolio of projects you have worked on.
- A minimum of a BA/HND in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Communication Design, Arts or equivalent experience
- A strong grasp and understanding of brands and their visual impact on culture
- Have an understanding of UX and how to articulate design against user flows and architecture
- Experience working with and developing design systems and visual frameworks that adhere to modern usability standards
- Ability to work collaboratively by providing and receiving feedback in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in current design software Sketch / Figma / Creative Cloud
- You’re a stickler for detail, quality, and always looking for ways to make things better
- You know that good design is often a journey, using early concepts and prototypes to help build conviction along the way
- You enjoy taking on fuzzy problems and boiling them down into simple, elegant, easy to use solutions
- You have a good sense of humour and enjoy being part of a great team
If you applied to a position at Snorkel AI over 9 months ago, feel free to re-apply and let us know what you've been up to!
Be Your Best At Snorkel
Snorkel AI is on a mission to make machine learning practical for everyone, and it starts with building a team that welcomes, represents and gives opportunity to all. We work at the frontier of AI and software engineering, and believe that underrepresented communities need to play a part in shaping the future of these fields. At Snorkel AI, we actively work to create an environment that values end-to-end ownership, diverse forms of impact, and opportunities for personal growth.
Snorkelers are supported by an amazing team and an amazing set of benefits. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for Snorkelers and their families, plus a yearly wellness stipend. Our 401k program lets Snorkelers plan for their future with a 100% match up to 5% of annual salary. And our parental leave program lets new parents take up to 20 weeks of paid time off. Learn more about these benefits and more — like our workstation setup allowance — on our Careers page.
Snorkel AI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Snorkel AI embraces diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Snorkel AI prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.