- Please note, you must be fluent in German and English to successfully apply to this role -
We’re looking to add a new member to our UX team at FREE NOW. If you’re looking for a new challenge and you’d like a flexible, dynamic place to continue growing your UX writing abilities, read on…
UX writing is still a relatively new discipline at FREE NOW, but we’re growing our team in 2021. Right now, we’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic writer to join us. You’ll be part of a distributed team based across offices in Hamburg, Berlin and Barcelona, as well as remote locations all over Europe, so you’ll need to be good at working autonomously and collaborating remotely with a friendly, inspiring team of writers, localisers, designers and researchers as well as others from marketing, product, tech and data.
Here are a few of the things you’ll be doing:
- Writing for new features and iterating on the existing wording and information within our Rider and B2B products (you might also do occasional cross-platform projects, or work with our driver teams)
- Working with designers to consider information hierarchy and bring experiences to life with (or without) words
- Advocating for the importance of clear, concise copy in our products and pointing out areas that could do with improvement
- Auditing existing content and suggesting improvements
- Collaborating with wider product and tech teams to define and execute requirements
- Supporting with translation and localisation
- Helping to improve and implement processes that make the life of a UX writer at FREE NOW easier
- Helping our marketing teams create product-first campaigns and customer experiences
Here’s what we’d like you to have done before FREE NOW:
- Ideally you’ll have 2-5 years of experience creating content for a digital product. That could be working as a journalist for an online magazine, a technical writer for detailed product instructions or a copywriter at an agency.
- You’ll need a minimum of 1 year of experience writing UX copy or working in product content strategy (or a cover letter that tells us why whatever you’ve been up to recently is truly transferable to this role)
- You’re able to spot a typo or rogue apostrophe from a mile away and you point out errors with grace and kindness
- You must be native/C2 level in English with a natural flair for writing good, clear copy. We’ll also require you to have native level fluency in written German, and the ability to write for product experiences in German.
If you have one of the following languages too, that’ll just put you further up the CV pile, but is by no means required to successfully apply for this role;
A few other must-haves are:
- A demonstrated understanding of UX and research fundamentals
- Patience, a positive approach to ambiguity, and the ability to communicate with colleagues with empathy
- Sense of humour and a proactive approach to work
- The ability to lead (with or without ‘official’ remit to do so), educate and support stakeholders across the business in understanding the importance of good, accurate writing
We’d love it if you have a few of the following too, but we’ll happily consider applications that don’t:
- Experience working in an agile environment and/or for a tech start up
- Experience collaborating with researchers, designers, product owners and developers
- Experience working in a CMS
- Experience working on a multilingual product
Not sure you meet every point above? Send us a really great cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a star in this role. If you’re keen and quick to learn new things, we’re happy to teach you.
Diversity & Inclusion
At FREE NOW, we’re committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
Right now, at FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 65 nations. We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidised gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical and get out there!
Let’s grow together. We believe in a transparent career growth plan, so you’ll get quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive. For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
We also offer language classes and internal peer-to-peer training.
Need a little more? 👏 When you join you’ll also get a monthly budget for FREE NOW trips, quarterly team events (currently online, but hopefully in some wonderful locations again soon), company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg (again, we’re online for now, but still making these super fun), relocation assistance for international applicants, birthdays off, a generous referral program, kudos (with prizes), and much more.
About FREE NOW
We are FREE NOW, the multi-service mobility joint venture backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Along with ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services, like electric bicycles, scooters and mopeds, and car sharing. Our group consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets) and Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market) Together, these services currently attract 45 million customers in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. That makes us the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest growing ride-hailing platform in Latin America. We also work with lots of third party providers to offer our customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, we have more than 2,200 employees in around 35 offices, led by our CEO Marc Berg.