The Org is a professional community where you can explore any company's organizational chart. Our mission is to make organizations more transparent and help companies show off their teams and attract new talent. We want to create a platform where you can go behind the scenes of every company in the world. The org chart is just the beginning. We have offices in New York City and Copenhagen, and we’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia and Balderton.
The Org is looking for an ambitious Product Designer well-versed in both UX and UI design, with a passion for solving complex problems through elegant solutions that meets both the needs of our users and the business.
As a Product Designer at The Org, you'll be a key member of our design team, working closely with both engineers and product managers here in Copenhagen, while also collaboration directly with our growth and marketing teams in New York. Meet the entire team here.
What you’ll do
- Design and prototype new product features
You'll be involved in all phases of the process, from early product discussions and wire-framing to prototyping, user testing and creating beautiful high-fidelity designs.
- User research and testing
You‘ll be part of planning and conducting usability tests, and leveraging data to make informed design decisions.
- Marketing design
Those shiny new features you help design will be communicated to our audience on various channels, and you're involved in making sure we get the messaging right by designing landing-pages and social media content to help communicate the features to both new and existing users.
- Help maintain and extend our design system
We value consistency in our designs, and you're going to be an important catalyst in the process, collaborating with our design team to make sure we design with the same components and guidelines.
- 3–4 years of experience from a similar design role.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating experience with UI, UX and visual design for web-based digital products.
- A superb eye for details and a passion for creating an extraordinary experience for our users.
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design methods, helping you design and test for real people.
- Expert knowledge with tools like Figma, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Additional skills we look for:
- Experience with animation and motion design.
- Illustration skills. Sometimes we draw more than lines and circles, and adding that extra bit of spark to help explain a concept or make a landing page unique is a skill we value.
- A team player who's used to collaborating with a team of designers, product managers, and engineers. We're a family here and we want you to be part of it.
- Fluent in English. We have offices in both Copenhagen and New York, and being able to communicate fluently across teams daily is a requirement.
- A curious soul who's interested in learning new skills, and not afraid to fail fast or ask stupid questions to get the job done.
- A self-driven, well-organized go-getter who gets the tasks done on time, even when things are moving fast.
- A good communicator who's not afraid to share work early, and give and receive honest feedback about possible solutions.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks.
- Free (and great) lunch.
- Plenty of social events and international travel opportunities.
- A Great office in central Copenhagen with a private outdoor terrace.
- Do the dishes
We value people that put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes
- Go for it!
We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
- Be a contrarian
We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principle-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
- Transparency starts here
We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We lead by example, and operate honestly and transparently, to show the world the value of transparency in business
If you want to hear more about our company and you’re excited about the opportunity, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you.
Note: We’re flexible with how you work, but you’ll need to be based in (or happy to relocate to) the Copenhagen area for this role.