Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
Product Designers at Ethos play an instrumental role in shaping every aspect of the product. We work across the organization to develop novel solutions to large, interesting challenges, and build world class products that create real value for real people.
You will experiment, invent, and occasionally fail. Most of all, you will learn and advocate tirelessly for our customers. After all, designers are the ones making countless decisions for how value is delivered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect UI/UX for new products
- Test and iterate on existing products and features
- Partner with product managers and developers to drive the product development process.
- Communicate the ‘why’ of design decisions effectively to a variety of stakeholders.
- Incorporate customer, product and business goals into design solutions.
- Share honest, thoughtful feedback with teammates.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in design
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your process and visual quality across devices and mediums.
- A minimum of 3+ years of product design experience
- Mastery of visual design, interaction design, typography, and hierarchy
- Ability to reduce complex problems down to flexible and intuitive patterns.
- Experience leading projects and process spanning insights, ideation and validation through to design implementation
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, visual)
- The ability to challenge the assumptions of oneself as well of those around you
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.