UX Research Lead
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We deliver using Agile practices to help the government solve their most technically challenging problems. The systems we develop are used to improve the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people and revolutionize the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. SemanticBits is a remote-first employer and has been named a Top Workplace in 2021. Candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
SemanticBits is looking for a UX Research Lead who will lead a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team focused on improving usability, user experience, and driving user adoption and engagement. They will lead a team that will be responsible for conducting user research, analysis & synthesis, persona development and usability testing to create products that delight our customers. This role will oversee UX research efforts for multiple products that SemanticBits is developing for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This position is open to a senior level professional and candidates must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
- Lead a UX research team that is responsible to conduct research, and gather requirements from stakeholders and end-users, and analyze behavioral data from primary research, working across discovery, prototyping, and iteration phases of each project.
- Assume overall responsibility for research methodologies that are leveraged and incorporated throughout the development lifecycle, incorporating end-user data and feedback into each iteration of the development process.
- Employ a variety of qualitative and quantitative techniques, including contextual inquiry, moderated/unmoderated studies, usability testing, A/B testing, ethnography, surveys, interviews, and persona development.
- Develop a deep understanding of users, their mental models, how they make decisions — and apply those findings to recommend innovative experiences.
- Partner with designers to evaluate and test designs, features, and concepts at different stages of the development lifecycle using wireframes, interactive prototypes, etc.
- Implement scalable, ongoing user testing of live products to report on potential barriers to adoption/engagement, all aspects of usability, and opportunities for improvement, both from a UX and product/feature perspective.
- Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI, Computer Science, or related field
- 10 years of relevant work experience
- A long and successful track record of applying qualitative and quantitative methodologies to both generative and evaluative research
- Experience developing research plans that have delivered insights and actionable recommendations for high-quality interactive digital services
- A strong reputation for partnering with Design, Product, and Engineering
- A portfolio that demonstrates outstanding research acumen
- The ability to clearly articulate your decision making process, and the rationale behind your decisions
- Experience in the healthcare or biomedical research industry
- Experience in working in an Agile/SAFe/Scrum environment
- Superlative verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must reside in the United States
Physical and emotional requirements for the job
- This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
Stipend for work station set up
Three weeks of PTO
Eleven paid holiday days
One floating holiday
Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision)
401k retirement plan with matching benefit
100% paid short-term and long-term disability
100% paid life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Casual working environment
Flexible working hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-787-9656 x257 for assistance.