Product / UX Designer
Taptap Send is VC-backed (Canaan, Reid Hoffman, and several others), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Our product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Zambia, Guinea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, DR Congo, Morocco, Vietnam and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We're helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
Our team is based across London, New York, Paris and Brussels, and we pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent -- our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Google, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we're looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. We have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City's "Escape 100".
As Taptap Send’s first product / UX designer you will own the end-to-end user experience and visual design of our product. This will include everything from conducting user research to defining our design process, creating wireframes and testing prototypes with users. You will work closely with not only our Product and Engineering teams, but also with Customer Support and Growth.
This role is perfect for you if you have deep empathy for our users, and experience designing for consumer mobile products (preferably for the diaspora communities). You are comfortable working cross-functionally in a rapidly changing start-up environment, and assume an extreme ownership mindset.
- Design delightful user experience based on user interviews, experimentation, analytics, etc
- Build wireframes and prototypes to tackle difficult UX problems (i.e., ship your designs).
- Collaborate across functions to help define products from the beginning
- Lead and improve upon our product design process, including design reviews and testing
- Own and improve upon our design patterns and systems
- 5+ years experience in UX, UI, HCI for consumer mobile
- Highly proficient with design and prototyping tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch)
- Portfolio showing your high quality and delightful UI and UX work
- Proven ability to work globally across different cultures and languages
- Track record of delivering in highly cross-functional, rapidly evolving environments
- Obsessive over details
- Excitement over our values
- (Preferred) French fluency
Benefits (UK)-Specifics depend on geography!
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- 25 days, public holidays + Pipio day!
- Flexible hours
- Employer pension contributions
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, trainings, etc.)
- Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Work from home desk stipend
- Private health insurance
- Behavioral health benefits
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.