Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Tomo’s mission is to bring omotenashi to the home buying experience.
Learn from our co-founders about what it's like to work at Tomo.
Omotenashi is a Japanese principle of hospitality. It involves anticipating the customer’s needs and striving to meet them before the customer is even aware that they exist. It holds that service is a noble profession and that we should take pride in delivering it. As such, we strive to provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience to our customers, where we go to great lengths to ensure that every detail is memorable.
Do you find yourself always saying “this could be better” or “why is it like this?” As a product designer at Tomo, you will play a key role in defining design and UI standards for our products and services. You will have the freedom to create inspiring and groundbreaking products for our customers and users and work collaboratively with UX designers, product owners and technology leads in an agile, fast paced environment. Your standards for design are high and you are always trying to improve the work. You will bring your experience with design patterns for desktop and mobile products as you apply best practices and advocate for changes or improvements in design.
- Define and drive the visual and UI standards across multiple products for web and mobile platforms
- Evaluate, refine, and standardize design across all projects
- Collaborate with product, UX, marketing, product, and technical team members in the creation of digital products
- Advocate for the user and brand, always seeking ways to improve and innovate
- Work closely with UX designers and product managers to strategize and design product experiences
- Design comps and/or prototypes for individual projects based on needs
- Participate in regular design reviews and help create an in-house design practice
- Help support design culture in the organization
- Research and stay current with design trends
- Deep passion for visual design
- A strong process for design
- A customer-centric mindset
- Strong communication skills
- A track record of strong cross-functional collaboration
- Drive for results
- Persistence and grit
- A scrappy mindset and entrepreneurial attitude
- 5-10 years experience at a start-up, design firm, digital business, and/or digital agency
- Degree in graphic design or related field, or equivalent experience
- Exceptional skills in Figma, Sketch, Invision, and/or Adobe CS
- Past experience designing fully responsive products, applications, iOS and Android
- Strong, collaborative work ethic
- Ability to communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Great eye and passion for customer-centric design
- Tendencies towards innovation
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work in fast moving environments with ambiguity
- Highly organized
- Drive to get things done quickly
- An innovative portfolio of outstanding work
We embrace the philosophy of Omotenashi so we strive to anticipate your needs in order for you to be a healthy, motivated and happy team member. We provide a variety of competitive benefits including (but not limited to):
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans for you and your dependents with some plans covered 100% by Tomo
- Work-life balance and a generous paid time off policy.
- In order to support teammates who become parents, Tomo provides paid parental leave.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan