Senior UI + UX Product Designer
Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless customer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
As a company, Modsy is pioneering a remote-first, distributed team culture. We pride ourselves in our inclusive, diverse environment where exceptional talent helps our customers create their dream home.
About the Role
Modsy’s magic is made possible by our proprietary internal tools. We’re on the hunt for an experienced, multi-faceted product designer skilled in both UX research and UI design to bring your own brand of magic to the Modsy Tools Suite. As Senior / Principal Product Designer your user focus will be on our incredible team of interior designers and 3D modeling artists who work everyday in our tools to bring beautiful rooms to life. From understanding your users to integrating your research into an elegant solution, you will be key in building out and leveling-up the Modsy Tools Suite to become a true product of its own.
The ideal candidate loves to solve complex problems and serve internal users, building and iterating on productivity tools to serve our creative workforce. You’ll partner with product management, engineering, design-ops and other stakeholders in conducting research, ideating solutions, and taking stakeholder feedback. You will also work on improving our user interface with beautiful, usable designs that remove friction, unlocking for interior designers the full potential to do the job they love.
You are multidimensional; though you may be stronger at one or the other, you have skill in both user research and user interface design. You believe in user-centered design, working always to be the voice of the user and can solve complex problems and bring your ideas to life. You have experience working with and influencing senior leadership and cross-functional teams. You believe that the right tools can make the job great, and you are passionate about making that your mission for our team. You are excited by the prospect of bringing all of your skills to the table and collaborating every single day with all of the key players at Modsy, from product to engineering to designer operations, all the way up to the CEO. You are comfortable with advocating for and setting a path and are skilled at bringing fuzziness into focus.
- Partner with product owners, engineering, and operations teams to streamline processes & strategy to achieve the product goals
- Improve upon our existing proprietary tools and build them into true productsPush the boundaries of UX/UI and try new ideas.
- Be able to think “Blue Sky” and explore divergent concepts, then converge on and refine feasible, innovative designs.
- Collaborate to create product specifications and generate comprehensive information architecture, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes for web, iOS, Android, and email.
- Validate and substantiate your work, and be an advocate for user-centered design.
- Know how to present your work effectively, and articulately communicate design rationale to stakeholders.
Experience and Skills
- 5-8+ years’ experience as a product designer, ideally for SaaS/productivity tools suites
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience contributing strategically to products, then executing
- Experience with various design tools/software including Figma
- Comfortable leading and mentoring more junior designers
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets and customer journeys
- Comfortable presenting to company leaders and explaining the thinking behind your solutions
- Collaborative mentality, where you work together with other functions, giving and taking feedback and advocating for priorities you identify as important to the customer experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including assisting with project documentation and translating designs into actionable tickets for engineers
Modsy is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.