Senior/Staff UX Researcher
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
We work in a pretty complex area, and it’s easy to forget just how bewildering shipping can be for our users. As a user researcher, you’ll help your team of designers, product managers, and engineers understand what shippers need when using our product and the bigger picture of selling and shipping online. You’ll work with stakeholders across functions and levels and have impact at all stages of product development, including the company strategy. You may use any number of techniques and methodologies, like field studies, interviews, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, experiments, and quantitative analysis, just to name a few.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through all those methods mentioned above
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers and other researchers to identify gaps in our understanding of user needs and craft research to answer these questions
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations, with visibility and impact across the company
- 5-10 years experience using a wide variety of user research methodologies
- Exceptional communication skills for effective research reporting and presentations
- Relevant bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)
- Our current focus is primarily on qualitative research, but will need to collaborate with analysts and future quant researchers.