Tripwire Presents is looking for talented, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join the Tripwire family! Tripwire Interactive is an independent video game development and publishing company, famous for shooter titles like Red Orchestra and the wildly popular Killing Floor series. With the release of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 2, Tripwire has solidified its spot as one of the brightest rising stars in the games industry.
As a member of Tripwire Presents, the publishing arm of Tripwire Interactive, you will focus on production of externally developed games. While helping our partner teams grow and flourish, you will maintain the same level of quality that Tripwire Interactive titles are known for.
At Tripwire, we pride ourselves in our ability to move to the beat of our own drum. Our existence as an independent studio and publisher means we are able to develop games on a schedule that reassesses what has become the status quo in the industry as a whole. We’re located in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta; where cost of living is relatively low and opportunities are high. So if you’re looking to work in an environment that changes the game in more ways than one, look no further than Tripwire Interactive.
Without a doubt, our office is an awesome place to work, but at Tripwire we recognize that the true “office” exists both inside and outside of our state-of-the-art facility. With our brand new “Next-Gen” Remote Work policy, we are able to remain fully productive regardless of what the world throws at us by allowing all employees to choose whether they’d like to work in-office, at home, or a bit of both. This program has been designed to give all Tripwire employees the tools to help them deliver their best work. For more information on Tripwire’s Next-Gen Remote Work Policy click here.
- Reporting to and working in tandem with a Tripwire Presents’ Game Director to produce the highest quality games.
- Define best practices for our Publishing Partners, from structured processes to workflow and content standards in order to implement content within UX/UI.
- As an expert user, help test new features and provide detailed feedback to our external development partners.
- Serve as a coach and mentor resource, assisting in the resolution of complex problems, growing skills and knowledge for the team.
- Transfer UX/UI skills and knowledge to our external development partners to act as their mentor.
- Review documentation from our external development partners to confirm that proposed features have appropriate feedback called out that fits within the vision of the UI.
- Facilitate implementation by providing our external development partners UI team with designs, mock-ups, and reference material as needed.
- Work closely with our external development partners throughout implementation to make sure that the overall experience is polished and the feedback is easily understood.
- Help collate testing criteria for UX playtests and assist in turning feedback into actionable items as needed.
- Assist external development partners with assessing UI and UX effectiveness by ensuring key analytical datapoints are being measured.
- In collaboration with the publishing team, assist in growing and maintaining the relationship with current and potential external development partners to ensure they want to work with Tripwire time and time again.
- Work is completed on time and correctly.
- All other duties as assigned.
- User Experience and / or User Interface design experience in AA or AAA console and PC games.
- Strong communication, writing, and inter-personal skills, leading to a demonstrated ability to work within a team structure and provide constructive feedback in a positive manner.
- Attention to detail and the ability (and desire) to handle potentially stressful development environments.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a User Experience or User Interface designer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Knowledge of game development process.
- Minimum 2 shipped products with design credit.
Preference to applicants with:
- Multi-discipline game design experience
- Working knowledge of microtransaction design
- Experience working in Unreal Engine
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with external teams
- Profit Share
- Medical, Dental, & Vision 100% of premiums for the family covered by Tripwire
- Up to 30 days of PTO
- 16 paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible Hours
- Employee & Family Team Building Events
- Volunteer Days