Senior UX Researcher
Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
As a Senior/Staff User Researcher at Alto Pharmacy, you will help our team continuously identify and learn about current and potential opportunities to better serve our patients, inspire product strategy, and encourage design iteration. In the United States $500 billion of medical waste (ER visits, degraded health, etc) is due to patients not taking their medications appropriately. Your job is to help identify all the ways Alto can help change that by looking across the alto ecosystem of patients, prescribers, drivers, and pharmacy staff for opportunities!
Accelerate your career as you:
- Build and lead a high caliber UX research team around you
- Quickly and independently design research studies that influence product direction/roadmap and company strategy
- Partner fully with design, data science, engineering, product management, and operations leaders to deliver the best possible experience for our Patients, providers, and internal pharmacy staff
- Mentor other team members and researchers and evangelize best research practices
- Advocate for user research and for patients throughout Alto
- Develop user research engagement model and processes for all aspects of the user research cycle, from scoping and recruiting to method selection, analysis and presentation
A bit about you:
- 8+ years of industry experience as a researcher, with a proven track record in partnering with Design, Product Management, analytics, Engineering, and operations teams
- Have a portfolio that shows a wide variety of research methods (i.e. usability studies, diary studies, contextual inquiry, surveys etc.), strong visual communication skills, and insights that lead to real change for users, products, and the businesses bottom line
- You have a collaborative mindset, with experience working across disciplines and managing multiple stakeholders
- Finding the right research method brings you joy, even when time constrained, and are highly skilled at both generative and evaluative research
- Have extensive experience with tools for recording, analyzing, storing, and sharing research, including data analytics and visualization tools
- The ability to derive meaningful stories from research data that resonate across the Product and Operations teams
- Have a high tolerance for ambiguous problem spaces
- Love and have experience advocating for the function of UX Research, educating partners, developing the right engagement model, etc.
- Prefered - Experience working in a startup environment (high growth startups a strong plus)
- Preferred - Have an education in industrial design, interaction design, HCI, industrial anthropology, or cognitive science
- Preferred - have done user research in a regulated fields: such as healthcare, law, financial, or human resources in the past
Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally
To apply, we require a strong portfolio that showcases your breadth and depth of experience. Please supply a link to your portfolio with your application.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.