Senior UX Researcher
At Fair, we are passionate about creating an experience that reflects our users' feedback, feelings, and needs. UX Researchers at Fair are outcomes based and conduct high-quality research (qualitative and quantitative) that puts our customers at the center of the decision-making process. The ideal candidate is a high-level performer that will demonstrate a strong understanding of our business and customers, build strong relationships, contribute insights that shape our understanding of customers across teams and has the ability to lead projects.
- Work collaboratively and engage with stakeholders in understanding business goals and objectives to plan research projects, create empathy, identify gaps and customer pain points, as well as potential customer delight touchpoints.
- Build and execute impactful research plans that provide deep customer insights needed to impact, influence and guide business and UX decisions and outcomes.
- Plan and run end-end research studies, identifying the right methods, questions, defining the participant sample and executing with rigor, transparency and detail.
- Present outcomes regularly and broadly from your research, creating and delivering top-line summaries and in-depth reports.
- Contribute to the UX design culture and education of human-centered principles, leveraging your strengths to help others grow and evolve our team.
- 5+ years of hands-on research with demonstrated skill in collecting, analyzing and synthesizing behavioral data to improve digital experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in human factors, psychology, anthropology, human-computer interaction, cognitive science – or related field.
- Proven experience with various UX research methods and principles, included but not limited to recruiting, field studies, diary studies, competitor assessments, task analysis, A/B testing, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, persona creation, heuristic evaluation and surveys.
- Portfolio of sample projects highlighting research planning and write-ups detailing process and approach.
- Demonstrated experience with testing platforms such as UserTesting or related tools.
- E-commerce experience, a plus.
- Experience working with a Agile product and engineering teams.
- Facilitating and apply Design Thinking techniques to solve customer and business-related problems, a plus.
- Excellent collaboration and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and presentation software like Google Slides, a plus.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental and vision benefits for employees AND their families
- Healthy work-life balance
- Equity incentives
- Unlimited vacation package
- Up to four months 100% paid parental leave
- Remote work stipend
- Employee referral bonus
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Leadership, mentorship, and learning programs
It's Fair's policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Fair prohibits harassment on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.