Director of User Experience
Role: Director of User Experience (UX)
Reports to: VP, Product Management
Location: Remote, US
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Deliver Technology for Human Sensemaking
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 21 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Director of User Experience (UX) to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the overall design discipline across the department
- Take an ownership position of our design system
- Build and ensure execution of a disciplined user research and testing strategy
- Build and improve our information architecture
- Own end to end high level flows and/or storyboards working with team to execute ideas
- Lead the design of wireframes and prototyping for testing and feedback
- Keep our personas up to date and top of mind
- Drive the analyzes feedback and product activity
- Keep the team informed of trends in the discipline, market, and competition
- Help to architect and contribute to the overall design system
- Articulate and sell your ideas to product stakeholders, management, and executives
- Identify opportunities to create efficiency and implement new processes or programs to increase productivity
- Lead a team of User Experience Designers
What You Need:
- Deep experience with CSS, HTML or similar technologies
- Innate ability to understand very complex systems and distill them into clean and elegant solutions.
- Strong background in user research
- Deep understanding of user-centered interaction design and Information Architecture
- Deep expertise in design software like Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools like InVision.
- Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with PaaS or SaaS and open source software
- Direct experience with building PQLs, online conversion, and/or freemium business models
- Bachelor Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, or related fields
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working in a open source or data science-oriented company
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home Wednesdays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Health fitness membership or reimbursement
- Paid parental leave - both mothers and fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.