Graphite is a boutique digital marketing firm that builds scalable growth engines for consumer technology companies such as Ticketmaster, MasterClass, and Thumbtack. We specialize in search engine optimization (SEO), content strategy, mobile app growth, and conversion optimization. We are a small team based in San Francisco with additional team members in Asia and Latin America, and we are ready to welcome our next team member!
As a Sr. Product Designer, Growth, you will be responsible for designing best-in-class, purposeful experiences that drive new user conversion and repeat user/customer growth for Graphite clients. We’re looking for a highly collaborative hands-on individual who is curious, passionate, adaptable, and lives at the intersection of balancing user needs with business goals. You can identify user motivations, launch experiments, evaluate data and test results, and use qualitative research methods to validate experiments. You are eager to be the best at what you do. You are obsessed with learning and developing new skills. You feel comfortable taking full ownership of your projects and working in a performance-driven environment while cultivating a strong sense of team and collaboration.
As a Sr. Product Designer, Growth, you will be responsible for presenting design proposals based on competitive analysis of our clients direct competitors and through data and a lot of research. You will be in charge of making high-impact design proposals to increase our client’s conversion metrics.
What You’ll Do
Competitive analysis of our clients direct and indirect competitors
Optimizing conversion rates through qualitative and quantitative techniques
Prioritize appropriately: use good judgment to make recommendations
Be data-driven and have a strong desire to improve the experience constantly
Convert quantitative and qualitative data into design deliverables
Present growth design proposals to internal and external clients
Launch A/B tests to improve design variations and improvements
Design concepts, user flows, screens, and prototypes for growth
Rapidly produce multiple concepts and mockups
Work closely with design teams, PM’s and Growth Leads
Lead the creative side of driving customer growth, brand awareness, and conversion
Think outside of the box when it comes to growth design strategies and recommendations
Create simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
3+ years experience in digital product design (deep experience in (UX) user experience, visual design, and prototyping)
Experience with visual design, prototyping, wire-framing, and interaction design
Understanding of acquisition & conversion, metrics-driven design, and A/B experimentation
Capable of understanding data systems and designing data rich applications
Experience with qualitative research and quantitative decision making
Solid understanding of information architecture and service design
Expert level skills in Figma or Sketch (or be comfortable with/or willing to learn Figma)
Idealistic, yet pragmatic
Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and what problems they’re solving
Self-manages their tasks and schedules
Very open to feedback
Minimum of 3+ years of experience in UI/UX or product design
A portfolio of successful web and mobile-based projects
Strong interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills
A strong understanding of use cases, user flows, and information architecture
Advanced/Fluent English speaking skills
Knowledge using Webflow
Knowledge on Google Optimize, Optimizely, or any split testing tool
What you’ll learn:
- Beyond best-practices, we build SEO engines that scale. Indexation and architectural components, testing infrastructure, and high quality dynamically created local and marketplace content that fulfill the user’s intent.
Premium Data-Driven Content
- Data-driven approaches often lead to heavily optimized mediocrity. Premium approaches often lead to beautiful content with an uncertain return on investment.
- Often companies either have low-quality data-driven content, or premium content based on intuition. We use proprietary technology that leverages data to quantify the largest content opportunities and combine this with a premium editorial style guide to produce delightful content and drive conversions.
- Based on 10+ years of experience and testing, we provide custom design solutions to dramatically increase key conversion funnels such as New User Experience (NUX), Authentication (Signup & Login), Commerce (Purchase & Cart), and App Growth (New Downloads & Retention).
Team & Process
- In order to build a sustainable robust growth strategy, we focus on building teams and processes that can be successful well beyond our engagement. This starts with creating scalable systems and continues by developing iterative growth processes and teams that can continuously launch improvements that grow conversions.
How we’ll help:
Graphite’s mission is to create an environment where you build the best work of your career. To facilitate this, we provide:
- Process As Needed - We view the process as a way to empower better work, not as a series of dogmatic rules. We develop the best internal processes as we do products - through iteration, measurement, and continuous improvement.
- Autonomy - We trust you to be excellent at what you do. We will provide as much support as needed when needed, but no more. You will have autonomy and agency to drive projects forward and your own decisions and outcomes.
- Flexible Work Environment - Everyone’s optimal work style is unique. We operate as a distributed team across North & Latin America and Asia. We optimize for productivity and performance, not time spent in an office. Help us build an optimal work environment that fits you as an individual.
- Compensation - We want to work with the best people in the World and compensate accordingly.
- Vacation & Time Off - In order to be the best version of yourself, you need time to recharge. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it.
- Benefits - We will ensure you have quality health care coverage and opportunities to further your education.
Graphite provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.