Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
Reports to: Product Design Lead
Red Letter Days and Buyagift.com are the UK Brands for Smartbox Group. We are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core purpose is delivering happiness, amazing people. With the vision that there should never be a reason for someone to buy an experience anywhere else.
We have been part of the Smartbox Group since 2009 – the world’s largest provider of experiences. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017 and continues to go from strength to strength.
Our amazing team at Smartbox UK is now over 160 people and we are delighted to have been awarded 2 stars in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For for the past two years. Our focus on delivering happiness to our customers has recently been recognised by us being accredited to the Institute of Customer Service. Corporate social responsibility is close to our hearts: We became carbon neutral in 2020 and have embarked on the journey to become net zero.
About the role
We’re looking for a creative individual who is passionate about Product Design. You will be a logical & strategic thinker, having a strong background in UX/UI design preferably in an e-commerce or marketing environment with a proven track record of researching, designing and implementing customer-facing products. This is an end to end Product Design role, covering user research, wireframing and prototyping, testing and implementation. A solid understanding of UX / CX principles and UI design is a prerequisite.
A bit more about the role
- Working with the Product, Development, Product Design and marketing teams to craft user journeys to solve key customer problems, collaborating closely but unafraid to challenge
- Developing wireframes, prototypes and final designs/front-end code for website functionality
- Working with the wider Product and e-commerce team to analyse data, review website trends and implement changes based on the site performance to maximize conversion rates
- Use existing and introduce new user research products and techniques to improve usability
- Be an advocate for the customer
- Assisting with, and taking ownership of the design and usability of new features, site improvements, and usability bug-fixes
- Ensuring all content adheres to style guides & reinforces brand consistency and values
And now a bit about you
This role will best suit an individual who is passionate about UX / UI Design & Development and we would ideally look for
- 3-5 years’experience as a UX/UI or Product Designer
- Strong design chops - experienced in UI design, with natural creative ability
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, Invision
- Preferred: Responsive coding skillset with strong experience of Bootstrap
- Experience working with cross functional Product teams in an agile environment
- Understanding and experience of design sprints
- Strong aptitude for understanding customer needs (user research and testing) and data and synthesizing these to deliver market-leading customer journeys
- Experience in wireframing & prototyping
- Experience with A/B testing, interpreting results, VM tools and processes
- Experience of CDNs, FTP, e-commerce Content Management Systems
- Flexible approach to work
- Articulate, collaborative, good communicator, confident
Note: The company office is currently located at Borehamwood. From September 21, pending Government guidelines, there will be a flexible/hybrid working model, working at least 2 days in the office and 3 days remotely, in addition being available at the office for any key collaborative meetings.
To achieve fast and profitable growth by delighting our customers, providing incremental business to our suppliers and providing a fun and progressive work environment for our team.
To reach a stage where there is never a reason for a customer to purchase an experience from anyone else. To achieve this, we aim to have the best experiences on offer, at market leading prices, sold through an industry leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Smartbox Group (Buyagift Plc & Red Letter Days) to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications, it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Note to all agencies: We will not be opening this role out to any recruitment consultants / agencies at the moment. We hope that you understand and appreciate this and If anything changes, we will be in touch with you.