Product Design Manager
Product Design Manager
Scholly is looking for a Product Design Manager to join our team!
The Product Design Manager will report directly to our Product Manager and will be responsible for shaping the design web and mobile experience for our customers. This leadership position will advise on the strategic direction of the product, lead the execution of various projects/initiatives, and manage a team of high-performing designers and researchers. As we continue our journey through hyper growth, building meaningful user experiences that create customer loyalty is top-of-mind. This highly-visible, highly-impactful position is critical for us to successfully scale our business while maintaining our world-class customer focus.
Please only apply if you have worked for a tech company similar to Scholly (mobile applications).
- Produce deliverables on programs of all sizes with little oversight
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Conduct regular presentations on UI/UX findings with the product team and entire company
- Leverage market and internal data for product and marketing initiatives
- Capture meeting insights and translate them into issues in Jira/Airtable
- Take a user-centered design approach and iterate designs
- Use UX design best practices to design solutions
- Stay up to date on best practices in the current industry and market environment
- Coordinate with other design team members to ensure consistent and productive communication.
- Work closely with the product engineers/developers to suggest and implement improvements for products and processes.
- Effectively communicate timelines/deadlines for research,wireframing, and prototyping for both product and website implementations
- Offer critical thinking to design solutions through an effective process
- Own and manage user key flows
- Mentor design team
- 6+ years experience designing UI & UX for small and large scale websites, mobile applications, desktop applications
- 2+ years of experience of leading, developing and growing a successful design team
- Proven experience leading the UX practice on projects
- Well-versed in Squarespace and WordPress
- Track record as a creative problem solver with a knack for fresh ideas and a new perspective
- Solid grasp of user-centered design, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability, accessibility concerns and functional specifications
- Expertise in human interface guidelines, standards, and best practices as they apply to platforms
- Fluency in appropriate software (e.g., Adobe CC Suite, Figma, Sketch, etc.) to create professional-quality, well-designed deliverables
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Strong planning and organizational abilities across all platforms and software being utilized by team members
- Deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Deep understanding of modular systems and design patterns
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Excellent eye for strategic design and customer appeal
- Passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation