Who is Sidekicker
Sidekicker is one of Australia’s most exciting home-grown startups.
Launched in 2013, and backed by SEEK with 6 offices across Australia and New Zealand, Sidekicker is now Australia and New Zealand’s largest online staffing platform, using technology to radically improve how businesses hire and manage casual, temporary and contract staff.
Sidekicker employs over 10,000 casual staff, or Sidekicks, seamlessly connecting them with businesses hiring staff across hospitality, events, office admin, industrial and promotions.
We are at a pivotal point of our journey, with lots of exciting change ahead. We are looking for future leaders to take our business to the next level. If you want to be part of driving disruption, working in a fun and fast-paced environment with the best and brightest from across the technology industry then read on...
Find out more about Sidekicker by visiting: https://sidekicker.com
Sidekicker is looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our growing Product team and be a driving force behind the future of our platform.
The Product team is responsible for delivering a world-class, seamless experience to our customers. We strive to understand our customer's needs, design beautiful & intuitive interfaces, and deliver solutions that continuously disrupt the industry.
Our business is growing and this role will be a key addition to the team with a great opportunity to impact design strategy and work processes.
Day-to-day the role entails:
- Own design problems end to end from conceptualisation, through user testing, to final high-fidelity deliverables.
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers, tech leads, and developers to define and deliver world-class experience and delightful solutions to our customers.
- Lead user research and work with customers to test solutions and iterate quickly towards ready to build designs.
- Be the customer advocate and cultivate deep understanding of customer needs
- Create visibility and lead the discussion around design work exploration, methods and conclusions
- Look for ways to continuously improve how we work
- Proactively contribute to our design strategy and principals
What you bring to the role
- A minimum of 4 years experience in product or UX/UI design (or similar).
- Successfully delivered end to end design projects from conceptualization to production
- Proficient in prototyping and design tools. Figma - a plus.
- Experienced in conducting user research and user testing, and familiar with relevant best practices.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Comfortable working and communicating with product managers, engineers, and customers.
- Experienced creating and presenting materials that clearly articulate designed user flows and the “whys” behind them, as well as describing solution exploration work
- Motivated by and proactive about continuous improvement of work processes.
- Passionate about putting customers at the heart of everything you do, solving real customer problems in impactful yet simple ways.
What you'll love about working at Sidekicker
- Working for a fast growing, well funded market disrupting business that is leading the way in changing the casual staffing industry
- Highly motivated, hard-working and talented co-workers in a fun office environment
- An empowered culture where you can make an impact and implement change quickly and effectively
- Learning and development opportunities for personal and career growth
- We offer great flexibility
If you are interested, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter.