XR Games is an award-winning game development studio specialising in full-scale immersive AR and VR content, as well as work-for-hire development.
We make fun games people love to play and talk about. Led by a team with big game experience at studios like Rockstar, EA, Codemasters, Sumo, Team 17 and Dubit, we've created games for some of the world's biggest brands, including Sony Pictures, Rovio, Dreamworks, BBC and LEGO.
We’re looking for a UI/UX Artist to join our in-house team on a full-time basis. In this role, you will be working closely with the Head of Design, Art Director, and other artists to create the best possible user experience for our players. Candidates for this role must demonstrate a passion for the gaming industry and have outstanding UI/UX credentials.
Objectives for the role:
- Produce wireframes and prototypes.
- Create and execute ergonomic interfaces
- Ideate UI/UX enhancements for our games
- Collaborate with team members to keep content user-friendly
- Excellent Graphic Design skills.
- Proficient with industry standard tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc
- A strong understanding of ergonomic principles applied to games.
- An understanding of UI/UX trends and technologies.
- Experience with Unity, UE4 and other game engines is beneficial.
Major Pluses :
- Experience in creating content for VR/AR
General requirements :
- A passion for the gaming industry.
- An ability to engage in blue-sky creative thinking.
- Be pro-active when it comes to problem solving.
- Strong communication skills.
- High energy and a desire to achieve.
You will ideally live within travelling distance to Leeds, England to work within our studio in this post-lockdown world. Some work from home is expected, but the role is served best by presence in the studio.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
If the above sounds like you, we’re excited to hear from you!