Apply for this job
Acast is the power source of podcasting, offering everything creators and advertisers need to find and reach millions of engaged listeners around the world. We’re supercharging a thriving, profitable, fair and sustainable open ecosystem for the world’s podcasts — from those of household name media brands to shows from celebrities and influencers, or simply anyone who wants to create. We connect podcasters, listeners and advertisers through the most innovative, world-class products, tools and services, and the world’s biggest podcast marketplace. Co-founded by Johan Billgren in 2014, Acast now hosts nearly 30,000 podcasts — reaching more than 300 million immersed listeners every month and working with thousands of brands. We’re For The Stories.
For brilliant podcasters.
For smart advertisers.
For The Stories.
The company has sales teams on the ground in 10 countries around the world: The UK, US, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Sweden, Norway, France, Germany and Ireland. Our offices are located in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Paris, Berlin, Dublin and Oslo.
About the role
As a UX Designer at Acast, you will be working on complex tools for large customers like The Economist and The Guardian, helping 30 000 podcasters grow their shows, edge-of-podcast-tech creators tools, as well as contributing to building a skilled and versatile Product Design team. Your job will include researching and designing new features, understanding the needs of our customers, and solving complex problems that place you at the forefront of the podcasting revolution. If you don’t like learning and change, this is not a job for you. We are looking for a skilled, independent, and curious UX Designer with a long-term thinking mindset. In return, we offer a chance to run projects with a great deal of freedom in an industry that’s undergoing constant challenges to the status quo. You will be expected to manage your own time and entire projects involving dozens of people. If this sounds fun, Acast is the place to be.
- Deepen and expand the Design Thinking methodology at Acast
- Always be a voice for the customer. That means you will make daily/weekly efforts to gather feedback.
- Help the teams work on the right problems through the Design Thinking process.
- Interview customers and find valuable insights.
- Creating and considering information architecture across a data-focused platform.
- You are skilled and comfortable with the common design tools, like Figma.
- You will often have to convert your research findings into presentable, usable prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Foster an excellent relationship with our developers
Who you are
- Demonstrable work experience within User Experience Design from a product perspective.
- A good grasp of applied user research methods, especially in a non-formal way.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience working with developers and the Agile methodology, especially in a remote environment.
- You keep the customer at the forefront of your work, always advocating for their needs, particularly in meetings where you might be the only designer.
- You are comfortable with debate and constructive argumentation.
- Rock-solid visual design skills.
- You understand that working on solving a problem is not the same as working on solving the right problem.
- Experience with streaming products (music, audiobooks, etc.) is a plus.
Where you’ll be
- Most of our teams are hybrids with some members co-located in offices and some working remotely.
- With a remote-first way of working we want you to feel productive regardless of work location!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region
- Working hours? We want to avoid teams distributed over time zones, so this team will operate within the CET time zone for collaboration. This setup allows us for more flexibility and work-life balance.
Note that due to the summer vacation period in Sweden, the response time might be a bit longer than usual.
Thanks for your understanding.
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!