Our mission is to fix hiring, making it fundamentally more equitable, effective, collaborative, and human. We’re doing this by building the first intelligent platform for the most important part of the hiring process: interviews and decisions. Our innovative approach has been covered in Inc. Magazine and Quartz, we’re backed by the investors behind Figma, Dropbox and Slack, and advised by thought-leaders including renowned organizational psychologist and NYT bestselling author Adam Grant.
As the second designer, you’ll have a major impact in shaping the design of BrightHire (as well as the way we design as a product team). You’ll apply your creativity, pragmatism, and user focus to build delightful software that fundamentally improves the interviewing & hiring process for our customers. We’re a highly collaborative team, and you’ll work closely with everyone at the company, including the CEO, Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Success.
In this role you’ll:
- Deeply understand our customer, understand their goals and pain points, listen to their feedback, and translate those insights into successful designs and product decisions.
- Lead the design of initiatives and features across the entire product - doing hands-on user research, UX design, UI design, and working closely with engineering to ensure successful product launches.
- Design with lean startup pragmatism, while simultaneously ensuring consistency, polish, and delight throughout the experience.
- Collaborate on BrightHire’s design processes and systems, helping to create a design-forward company that puts end user experience at the center of everything.
- 3-5 years in-house product design experience.
- Detail oriented with a track record of taking products from inception to successful launch, including UX, UI, user research and design QA.
- Track record of creating clean, beautiful UI, with an understanding reusable UI components (bonus points for creating and maintaining UI systems).
- User-centered design thinker and problem solver, with experience conducting effective user research and user testing.
- Great collaborator and communicator with engineering, product management, customer success.
- B2B experience or complex ecosystem work
- Web app experience
- Graphic and branding design experience
- Proficient in Figma
Please include a link to your portfolio to apply.
More about us:
• We’re very collaborative, we’re always brainstorming ideas about product, strategy, etc.
• We use our product daily in our own hiring, which is rewarding and gives us product empathy!
• We try to make sure everyone stays connected to users and clients, joining sales and client meetings, talking to end users, etc.
• Everyone is self-motivated, autonomous, and seeks ways we can continuously improve as a company
• We’re generous, self-deprecating, look for reasons to laugh, and enjoy sharing our ideas for band names, posting photos from our walks, and reminiscing about previous travel...
• Meaningful equity
• Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage
• Generous budget for your ideal work environment
• Unlimited PTO, with a minimum # of days everyone must take :)
• Annual learning stipend for courses, conferences, etc.
• Monthly snack pantry delivered to your door
Our goal is to ensure that BrightHire upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
*Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property.