Senior UX Designer
At projekt202, we solve our clients’ business challenges by creating experiences that engage, innovate, disrupt and delight. Our team is passionate about human-centric experience strategy, design and development and enjoys delivering amazing concepts and digital solutions for our clients. We have fun and enjoy hanging out with each other in a culture that supports and celebrates our diverse talents, backgrounds and skills.
*You put users at the center of every decision
*You listen, learn and lead
*You ask “Why” and “What if?” You can often be heard saying “Yes and…”
*You are flexible, collaborative and welcome differing perspectives
*You thrive in uncharted territory and push at your comfort zones
*You lead in a way that inspires your colleagues and earns the respect of our clients
*You are an authentic, personable communicator.
Do you believe that despite what the advertising industry has claimed for the last 50 years, that a brand isn’t what you say it is, but instead it is the experience people have interacting with the company behind it?
If so, you might fit in well with us, where we spend every day helping clients who believe the same thing, who want to get better at delighting their customers and leaving their competitors in the dust.
We’re growing, and we’re looking for a full-time Senior UX Designer to join our team. You’ll report to our Chief Experience Officer and work within multi-disciplinary teams to deliver great brand experiences for our customers.
UX designers work closely with clients to define business and user requirements, translate these requirements into design elements and ensure client objectives are satisfied throughout project development. They produce deliverables like user personas, conceptual models, requirements matrices, site/screen maps, process flows, wireframes, etc., and collaborate with the visual design team to create great interactive experiences for our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
· Work closely with clients to understand their business model and help define both business and user project requirements
· Craft an overall user experience strategy that promotes client goals and develop an “interaction language” that supports these goals
· Create and present UX deliverables throughout the project
· Work with the creative and technical teams to ensure that client goals and requirements are satisfied throughout the development process
· Design usability testing protocols and manage testing sessions at appropriate milestones during project development
The kind of person we’re looking for:
· You love the challenge, diversity and the dynamic pace of agency life
· You’ve got all personality traits of your average UX ninja: detail oriented to a fault, quality-driven, and methodical
· You’re service-oriented, and know what great professional services should feel like to clients
· The idea of presenting to a room of client executives gets you excited, because you possess great presentation and communication skills
· You’re an excellent writer. You know the difference between “its” and “it’s” and it bugs you when people get them wrong
· You’re fundamentally user-centered and love to design from research-based insights — but you’re completely willing to dive into design without them when budgets, timelines, and extenuating circumstances rule
STUFF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT
What motivates you:
· Pursuit of excellence in your craft & execution. You’re passionate about User Experience and its ability to make the world a better place. You expect A+ work from yourself and your teammates, and you care about producing great work. No half-assing it, only full-ass for you. You’re always learning, developing yourself, and pushing beyond the standards you see around you. It’s your way of life.
· You value connections with your colleagues and clients. You draw your energy from human interaction. You’re confident and engaging. People are energized by the way you engage them. Amazing teamwork is your everyday ambition.
· You thrive in uncharted territory. The uncertain and unknown are your playgrounds. Your personal compass pushes you out of comfort zones. Your courageous leadership inspires your colleagues and clients.
· Curiosity didn’t kill the cat, it made you the rock star that you are. You are driven by an insatiable desire to know more, to know why, to ask what if. Your curiosity inspires you and powers your imagination.
· You’re a born collaborator, and truly appreciate the perspectives of other brains. You respect & attract your colleagues & clients’ opinions. You ask great questions.
Boxes we’d like you to tick:
· 5+ years professional experience as an interaction designer, user experience designer, or information architect. Pick your label.
· A comprehensive understanding of usability best practices and user-centered design for websites, web-based applications, software UI and other digital channels. Mobile experience a plus.
· Experience as interaction lead for large, transactional websites or web-based applications
· Experience with user research and usability testing
· Superior client-presentation skills with the ability to talk to and understand stakeholders from creative, marketing and technical teams
· Solid understanding of common front-end and back-end technologies/platforms
· Expert knowledge of Omnigraffle and Sketch and working knowledge of the Adobe CS Suite
IF YOU READ NOTHING ELSE
1. We're looking for someone with solid experience designing transactional interactions from a UX perspective. As a firm we tend to do stuff a lot more complex than corporate marketing sites
2. We want to see examples of your work online. You have to have a portfolio and you have to give us a link to it in your application. Applications without examples of work won't be considered. Portfolios that do not include UX deliverables will not be considered.
3. This position does not involve using Photoshop or Illustrator. Ever. If you’re expecting to use either of those programs, or to utilize more than 3 or 4 colors or more than one font in Sketch, this is not the role for you. If, on the other hand, process flows make you really, really happy, well then, let’s talk!
If this sounds like you, let's talk. Please visit www.projekt202.com to learn more about our methodology and culture to see why you should join us on this amazing journey.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Direct applicants only, no agency submittals please.
At this time, projekt202 does not provide sponsorship.