UX/UI Designer, Golflink
We are looking for an experienced and talented Web UX/UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric digital products. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience. Please attach an English CV and your portfolio with your application.
At this moment we’re only able to accept people holding EU citizenship or EU Blue Card for Spain as we do NOT provide visa sponsorships. If you’re not in Barcelona at the moment, you will be required to relocate before 2022.
Why you want this job:
- Room to self-organize your time.
- Remote/in-office work to be chosen from.
- LoveToKnow Media brings Silicon Valley ways to Barcelona.
- LoveToKnow Media operates several digital products. Your work and input will be integral to the growth of our proprietary products.
- Your work will be high impact and high visibility.
- You will be part of a superb, international senior team of professionals.
- Offices at a premium location in Barcelona.
- Medical insurance covered by the company.
- We give you the best tools you may need to develop your tasks: laptop, screen, etc.
- Technical training /meetups covered by the company.
Responsibilities and functions:
- Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Develop customer personas, conduct customer interviews, surveys, usability studies, competitive evaluations, participatory design sessions, and user research to create features and functionalities matrix (based on MVP approach).
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Create, improve, and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Work with Product Managers to design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new functions and features.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers and designers.
What you will need to be successful:
- Fluent English communication skills - written and oral are a must.
- 5 or more years of experience and a proven track record in delivering design solutions.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, interactive prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Proven ability to run user tests, customer interviews, and surveys.
- Solid understanding of leading qualitative & quantitative research methods and a passion for connecting with users on a regular basis at all stages of the design process.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use-cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge, and corner cases, and incorporate them into responsive designs.
- Graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts, and palate development.
- Portfolio to be presented and discussed during the interview.
- Experience using tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Abstract,InVision, Balsamiq, Framer, etc.
- Creative ideas with a problem-solving mindset.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to the team.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
About LoveToKnow Media:
At LoveToKnow Media, we believe the good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
Our five distinct brands share a mission to make the world smarter. Unique in their content yet unified in their purpose, LoveToKnow, YourDictionary, WordFinder, GolfLink, and Bibliography.com compel expansive and engaged audiences of consumers who seek specialized subject matters.
Spanning 14 time zones, we cultivate exceptional talent from around the world. A global perspective is what fuels our success and ability to be one of the largest and most well-rounded digital media portfolios in the world. As one global community, we work collaboratively across continents and cultures to create informative content that truly makes the world smarter. Our flexible approach emboldens our employees to work in the environments that play to their strengths, including fully remote roles and flexible in-person roles in the heart of Barcelona.