Building, maintaining, documenting, and scaling our Salt Design System to answer the needs of the UX, Engineering and product teams. Help to achieve the department mission.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working closely with the UX Designers to make sure they are using the appropriate component in each solution they design
- Maintain and scale our Design System to answer all the UX Team and engineering needs
- Making sure the components we have answer the highest levels of accessibility
- Working with UX Researchers to evaluate current and new components usability
- Maintain and scale contribution process
- Document current and future components, including all their possible states (empty, long text, hover, errors…)
- Maintain Libraries and Design system website
- Collaborate with Front end engineers to align the Production environment and our designs
- Create a Design System community within the stream , to generate buy-in and constant engagement from other stake-holders in the design system
- Elevate the UI of our design system to match an unrivalled level of delight from our users
- Collaborate with Tech-writers on alignment and maintaining of guidelines
- Work on providing flexibility of brand expression within FE theming
- Evangelising the work and sharing the knowledge
- Help to achieve the department mission
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Past experiences working with a design system
- Actively created or helped to maintain, scaling, and documenting a design system.
- Fluent in working with Abstract, Sketch, React storybook
- Deep understanding of the native guidelines from Apple, Material, Alexa and React web.
- Detailed oriented, with a fine eye for misaligned pixels.
- Great collaboration and presentation skills, this role is to bring people together, not to work alone in a corner.
- You contribute to being part of a high performing UX teams when working alongside product & engineering
- You are flexible and adapt to changing business needs and can prioritise work effectively
- You are self managing, organised and able to plan, track and deliver your work on time and to a high standard
- You are logical and take a structured approach even when there is ambiguity
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a good emphasis on careful listening
- You don't settle for good enough, you strive for great in every aspect of your work
- You share knowledge with others internally
- Relevant industry experience or technology business [include for external adverts]
- Knowledge of working with mixed teams / functional areas, including product management, engineering, UX/UI
- Proven ability to plan, manage, track and deliver on commitments
- Intellectual rigour, possesses relevant abilities & is able to pick up new skills quickly
- Ability to work in a team effectively and / or work autonomously
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- Exposure to working with design and technology teams
What we can offer you
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Flexible WFH policy
- Share-saving scheme
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Safari Books - O’Reilly account
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centres
- English, Spanish and Catalan language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are currently at a brand new office in the 22@ district - the thrilling tech area of Barcelona.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.