Senior UX Writer
Due to the ongoing pandemic, our interview and onboarding processes will remain fully remote until further notice. At times like this, we're even more committed to providing you support and flexibility while you interview and onboard for your new job.
Can you make complex ideas seem simple? Do you excel at solving difficult UX problems while crafting intuitive digital experiences? And do you have a track record for creating a distinct brand voice through all touchpoints of the user journey? If so, join Dashlane and help us build intuitive software with a global impact.
In a role that combines strategic thinking with the individual contribution to the Product development cycle, you will deliver effective UX writing and ensure we weave a consistent brand story through all consumer touchpoints. You will champion clear, concise, engaging language and craft a relationship with the customer through a distinct product personality. As a critical hire in the UX Voice Team, you will also contribute to developing the cross-platform content strategy and become a leading voice as we shape the future of Dashlane.
The successful candidate can work at our Paris, Lisbon, or New York office or remotely from anywhere in France, Portugal, or the United States.
What will you accomplish during your first six months?
You will re-imagine and reboot our Style Guide for a unified brand voice in Product and partner with the Product Design Director and Creative Director as we lay the foundations for building SAAS experiences that feel inherently human-centered and consumer-focused.
At Dashlane, you will also:
- Produce top-notch copy that injects usability into the apps and delight into the user experience
- Collaborate with product designers in creating delightful, effortless UX solutions, as they design system components and prototypes—and help them craft well-balanced layouts with fine-tuned copy
- Work with engineers and the QA team to manage the quality of the copy in implementation
- Write microcopy that will be translated into multiple languages. You will be involved in the localization process, working as a bridge between the Product, Design, Engineering, and Localization teams
- Optimize the performance of UX writing via user testing and data validation
- A portfolio of your work
- 5+ years of experience in a role that involves user experience and brand in an app/product ecosystem
The ideal candidate:
- Possesses impeccable English writing skills and a superior command of grammar, style, tone, and rhythm of language
- Has experience in testing content to improve performance and usability
- Has a track record of writing compelling UX copy that contributes to reaching business goals and solving user needs
- Can easily collaborate with Creative and Brand teams, product managers, marketers, and designers
- Is well-read and aware of cultural differences between the U.S. and our other markets, and can craft language that works equally well for different audiences
- Is skilled in writing copy that is easily translatable
- Can craft language in a way that makes technical and complicated ideas appear simple and accessible
- Is a naturally gifted and inspiring communicator and can confidently talk about language, brand, and copy decisions to individuals as well as large groups
- Wants to be part of a high-performing team and embraces a fast-paced startup culture
- Has a degree in creative, technical, or professional writing, user experience, or a related field
- Would have written a better job spec than this
Dashlane is a web and mobile app that simplifies password management for people and businesses. We empower organizations to protect company and employee data while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere. A better digital future starts with secure access. Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience. Over 15 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Dashlane
As a truly international company—founded in Paris and split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon—Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs.
Your interview experience
To know what to expect once you've sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our Product and how we work.