Senior Product Designer
Who we are
GlossGenius is one of the quickest growing solutions powering business owners across the US with elegant, vibrant, and intuitive software. GlossGenius’s complete “business-in-a-box” platform was designed to empower professionals to focus on being creators, not admins. GlossGenius is creating a generational brand that’s empowering offline service providers to be successful entrepreneurs.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is already reaching millions of end clients and facilitating hundreds of millions of booking GMV on its platform for business owners.
GlossGenius is backed by a top tier venture investment firm, Bessemer Venture Partners, in addition to a number of other well-known strategic operators and investors.
Check out some content featuring our product and customers here:
- GlossGenius- New Card Reader
- Celebrating GlossGenius Business Owners
- Beauty Industry Update Virtual Salon Summit
Here are some highlights we're proud of:
- With no sales team, our customer base has grown almost exclusively through a robust word-of-mouth channel, which speaks to the strength and design of the product.
- Customers are obsessed with our design-centric products
- Scaled to facilitate hundreds of millions $ in appointments and platform activity.
- Closed deals with the nation’s largest salon partners, validating GlossGenius as an industry-leading choice.
- Named “Best of the Best Salon Software” by leading industry publication Beauty LaunchPad.
- Helped small business owners around the US navigate COVID and build even more resilient businesses
About the role
GlossGenius is one of the quickest growing vertical SaaS companies, and now, we’re growing our product team with an all-star UX/UI Designer! As a product designer at GlossGenius, you will be one of the early members of the GlossGenius Product team. In this position, you will play a critical role at one of the fastest growing SaaS products helping small business owners succeed as you create a world-class user experience for our customers and their clients. Our ideal candidate will be able to craft a diverse set of creative solutions to complex product design problems by working with our product team and leadership. With great design we create Genius products for our users.
What you'll own:
- Own the end-to-end process for solving UX/UI design problems: ideate, conceptualize, test, and refine
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of product managers, software and QA engineers, customer success managers, and marketers to design intuitive and engaging user experiences for GlossGenius' customers
- Deliver products that are recognized as the best in the industry by understanding GlossGenius’s strategic and competitive position to inform product design.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Leading design projects across the entire product lifecycle and product launches
- Developing user-empathy through user research to root design decisions
- Setting and executing a vision for the user experience and crafting a space for others to collaborate
- Partnering closely with engineering, product, and business teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Listening to users and collaborating with product managers to develop the right product strategy and solutions that delight our customers
- Rapidly producing multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Creating user scenarios, user journey workflows, wireframes, UI designs and interactive prototypes throughout the product development lifecycle
You are perfect for this role if…
• You love what you do! You have a strong product sensibility. Thinking about the end user's experience is what you live and breathe for.
• You’re obsessed with design. You love thinking about the UI and UX of things around you in everyday life.
• You're customer-driven. You understand that you are not the user for the design that you build and eagerly seek to understand the unique challenges of your users through research and data.
• You’re a collaborator. You know how to work differently with different types of people to achieve your objectives through collaboration. You’re a great communicator.
• You have 6+ years of product design experience under your belt
• You’re based in or willing to relocate to NYC; open to remote-hybrid
GlossGenius is perfect for you if...
• You take extreme ownership. You act as an owner and take responsibility for your work and success. You work beyond a typical job description to create a product (and company) you're proud of!
• You strive for excellence. You are always learning something new and approach your work with curiosity, fostering a growth mindset. You love learning alongside a team of talented, dedicated people.
• You are a hustler who will break down walls and stop at nothing to reach your goals and to provide the best possible experience for our customers.
• You are a team player who embraces differences and believes synergy is the key to success. You bring your unique voice to the table and make space for others to do the same.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.