Frequence is an advertising technology company that builds and delivers comprehensive digital advertising campaigns. Our programmatic marketing platform enables large organizations to effectively and efficiently sell a range of digital products at scale. Frequence has a passion for its people and its vision to help customers grow their business. As our company grows, so does our need to add sharp, ambitious, and talented people to our team.
Frequence was recognized by Bay Area News Group as a Top Workplaces Company for 2020!
You are a senior technical writer with experience in writing technical documentation, in-product user assistance, release notes and other aspects of end user enablement and communication. You will be part of the overall user experience team but will work closely with product, development and customer success organizations. You will help build a UA practice working directly with the UX director and stakeholders. We are growing and maturing as a mid-stage startup. This means green fielding and ongoing work on deliverables and processes. We expect iterations and hacking before we get it all right. You will lead technical documentation for our platform, with both internal and external users of the content and you will own the format and approach. You will also help define a consistent terminology, pushing a modern approach to all aspects of technical documentation, both internal and external. You will think strategically, be able to deliver on the day-to-day tactical needs but also help define what we are building towards. You will have to make some hard decisions around your priorities to have the biggest impact. You will have the freedom to choose your own path, work with like-minded innovators and problem-solvers in a flat and transparent organization; follow through and see that your ideas come to life in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do:
- Work with our development organization to own platform documentation. Work with product management and customer success (training) to build a foundation for what in-product user assistance (aka “help”) will look like for our platform. Partner with marketing on a combined content strategy. Champion and define the terminology for our entire platform. Be the champion for inclusive use of the language and other current approaches
- Understand feature requirements by working with product managers and engineers. Translate this into useful information for our end users
- Help define short and long term publishing strategy for all your content (with product management and marketing)
- Define and help build out a content management approach by starting lean, continuously test, improve and work towards a sustainable approach
- Collaborate with users, stakeholders, and executives to continuously groom your deliverables to become standards
- We expect you to have an eye on impact through an analytic approach to your deliverables (usability, analytics, business impact)
Who you are:
- BA or MA in English or comparable education or experience
- At least 5+ years of experience as a technical writer, UA/UX writer or similar role, with heavy emphasis on business applications, SaaS or ecosystem based experiences
- Broadly knowledgeable in best practices in all aspects of technical documentation (user assistance)
- Experience in building practices with teams that include development, product marketing, customer support and product management
- Able to advocate for end user needs, promote user empathy, defend and negotiate documentation approaches, from idea to implementation
- Experience working within UX organizations is a plus. Experience using design tools such as Figma, and being part of design cycles an even bigger plus
- Proactively determine documentation needs and solutions for platform and expected end users. Will need a “perfect is the enemy of good” approach to help build momentum for documentation and user assistance within company
- A self-starter who can own a project from end-to-end
- Passion for trends in technology, text and successful end user communication
- Demonstrated effective communicator and collaborator. Know when to lead, lead by example and follow others lead
Nice to have:
- Agile/Scrum and Jira experience
- Design portfolio including SaaS projects
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Stock options at a mid-stage startup, 401K
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Generous PTO
- Remote Friendly role
Frequence, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Frequence, Inc. we are deliberately trying to create a safe space for people of all races, genders, ages, backgrounds, and orientations. It is the policy of Frequence, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.