Senior User Researcher
You are a curious problem solver, who is keen to dive deeper into understanding WHERE our users are and WHY they behave the way they do. Kabam is looking for a Senior User Researcher with a passion for understanding and evaluating the gaming experience.
As a naturally curious researcher, you aim to gain further in-depth knowledge and understanding of user behaviors, needs and motivations through observation techniques, task analysis, and other feedback methodologies. Working cross-functionally and in collaboration with the UX Design, Game Design, Community and Live Operations teams, you will enable the UX department to make data-informed decisions to further invest in understanding our users and their behavior.
Sound like a match? Read on...
You will contribute by:
- Partnering with UX Design, Game Design, and Live Operations teams within the studio to understand the products and design intent fully.
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative studies, including prototype validation.
- Testing, usability interviews, surveys, and focus groups.
- Conducting usability testing for features within the games.
- Preparing and presenting findings and delivering final reports.
- Finding opportunities to educate and spread the benefits of User Research.
- Working with UX Director to create a user research plan for all projects.
- Developing strong relationships with all product teams.
Your background includes:
- 3+ years of experience in Game User Research or User Research.
- Degree, diploma or equivalent schooling in a relevant field such as Cognitive Psychology, Communications Design, Human-Computer Interaction or similar programs.
- Expertise in qualitative user research and analysis methods.
- Competency in quantitative user research and data analysis methods.
- Strong understanding of best practices in User Experience Design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, persuasiveness, and the ability to make group presentations.
- Ability to act independently and switch between multiple projects.
- Understanding or experience in game development processes.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.